Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Big Brother & Your Bike (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/3576-big-brother-your-bike.html)

drthompson65 05-19-2006 12:51 PM

Re: Big Brother & Your Bike

Big Brother is coming more and more true every day..

mii54ws 05-25-2006 05:50 AM

GPS tracking needs a clear view of the satellites. To stop any GPS device from working (seeing the sky), cover it with aluminum foil or some other metal. Having GPS's in my plane, cars, and motorcyle, I had to carefully locate the antenna to insure no metal aircraft/car parts blocked the antenna.

So the point; IF (and that's a BIG IF) the GPS tracking of cars/bikes becomes a reality, there will be a huge problem for the snoopers keeping inventive car/motorcyle owners from disabling them when appropriate.

dingling 06-09-2006 02:40 AM

"Eurotrash"? The Aurobahn is the fastest and safest highway in the world. England has higher speed limits than we do. The Autopista in Italy is also quite fast. I received one ticket for 72 in a 70 and one for 70 in a 55. Only problem was I was doing 50. Ever see those expose shows of cops giving bogus tickets or meter maids issuing a ticket before the meter has expired? Americans get plenty of bogus tickets for doing nothing.

Amazing how so many of you say things about Europe that are completely false and have zero merit. And then I always find out it by somebody that has never been to Europe. I have friends that have been pulled over in Italy and Spain and merely received a warning. Not only are the roads better, but the cops more tolerant. And Europeans are far better drivers with more training.

"Eurotrash"--and you cannot figure out why Americans are so disliked globally? Nice to brand an entire continet with numerous cultures as "trash". Keep up the good work. Always remin me why I live elsewhere.

dingling 06-09-2006 02:56 AM

Re: send your kids to public school

How in the name of God could you paint such a picture with Janet Reno? You've put me off my dinner.

And a revolution requires lots of Joe Citizens. And no guns. Show up at the White House with say 10 million Americans and say "no more BS. Thsi is our country". Punks like Joe Biden and Saxby Chambliss would wet themselves. They do it because they are allowed to as Americans do nothing about it.

One of you once asked me "what have i done". I have written enough letters to deforest Oregon, or e-mails. I would get back "form letters". And often times not even on the topic I was addressing. That's why I left. Talk to some of my pals here that are Vietnam veterans. You think I'm bad? They will tell you stuff that will curl your hair. They loathe the govt. and generally refer to Americans as craven cowards. Oh, and if you do not believe the analogy, look at "the chimp in charge" in the White House. A liar, a military deserter and coward. Not to mention fool, imbecile, traitor, etc...

And he LOST both elections and now sits in the White House.

dingling 06-09-2006 03:03 AM

Just a little heads up. Those cameras they use. What did they cost local govts? ZERO, ZILCH. The company that makes them gave them away. But they get a lifetime cut of all ticket revenues generated.

WHo often times buys outfits like the Oregon State Troopers or CHP their laser guns or radar guns? Insurance companies. They want you all to have at least one ticket. And why is that your rates go up after one ticket and not again until the 4th? The fact is there is ABSOLOUTELY NO CONNECTION between minor speeding infractions and safety. The former head of the NHTSA basically said that there should be a "super lane" on many freeways and highways and that often times drivers at going 80 to 90 were actually safer and better drivers. The National Insurance Institute HATED that one.

dingling 06-09-2006 03:09 AM

Yeah, but a ,50 cal is a hell of a lot of fun to shoot. Ever explode a water bottle at 1,800 meters?

Another reason I live here is guns are legal. Only Asian country that allows them. I cannot own a semi-autoimatic rifle. However, I do own 2 legal Benelli semiauto shotguns with a collapsible stock. And if you do have to pop somebody in your house, too bad for him. He shoudn't have broken in. I also have 2 glocks, 2 H&K pistols, 2 .357s,and 2 Steyr sniper rifles.

dingling 06-09-2006 03:23 AM

Let me add a quote from General Douglas MacArthur: "America must always invent some sort of boogie man, some ist or ism. And if this ist or ism is not stopped immediately, America as we know it will cease to exist. And it is always a lie".

And Mr. Kissinger is currently wanted for murder and genocide in 4 different countries. The Brits almost arrested him. Also read former Commandant of The Marine Corps, Smedley Butlers speech called "War Is A Racket".

dingling 06-09-2006 03:32 AM

Re: ROI

there is a guy I saw in, I believe in Holland, that comes in from behind the cameras and beats them to death. I wonder what the jail time and fine would be for that?

And despite my prior comments, I do know Europe is littered with speed cameras. But I do agree with their concept of mandatory insurance that is enforced.We do not cameras here. And speeding tickets have no permanenet record or effect on insurance rates.

dingling 06-09-2006 03:39 AM

I do not believe anybody will ever surpass the Janet Reno sex fantasy one for "creepy".

And you cannot "ban" KPAUL or KSquid. Remember "freedom of speech". I find some of you highly offensive, as I am sure some of you find me offensive. But I have a right to speak my mind as do you or anybody else. And sometimes I agree with those I thought I would like to punch out in another post.

So let's all hold hands and sing "kum bai ya" (how do you spell that?)

ramair154 10-09-2006 12:42 PM

My (Grandfather!) in the 70's collected a citation on the PA turnpike, when the toll ticket he collected on entering the TP (with the time stamp) proved (upon his exit, again with a time stamp) that he must have indeed have been speeding. He braged that this included a gas, pee, and food stop, (you go gramps!!!!).

Big Brother (like Saddam) never met a technology he didn't like.

I have faith that our brothers, and the aftermarket, will help us disable this crap when it is shoved down our throats. That too will eventually become a crime, but we'll find a way.

Enjoy your freedoms while you can, my brothers!

Every day in the saddle is a gift.