Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-10-2006, 09:06 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Big Brother & Your Bike

Well, dude, I don't have much more to say except that I'm chuckling at all the fools who called me some kind of nut because I always made the clarion call against encroaching govt.

Looks like it's my viewpoint of life that is correct and all the ostriches are, in fact, the crazy ones trying to hide from the reality of the evil that intends to control every single tiny aspect of our lives.

"It can't happen here."

So much for the "mainstream" of political thought. Worthless, head-in-the-sand and cowardly. They'll complain but they will submit.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2006, 09:08 AM   #12
SRMark
Founding Member

"We the people..." Do we not get the government we, as a collective, deem necessary? Are we to live in anarchy? We either need to get politically active, accept new regulation or choose to ignore it. I think I need to get active. I can't afford to ignore laws. The cost is too high in terms of fines, higher insurance, criminal record, loss of professional reputation and loss of employment.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:21 AM   #13
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Plenty of morons here, and elsewhere, invited our lovely Gov into the personal safety business. Of course, anyone opposed to their idiocy is a 'crazy John Birch loving GPTB' that is not worthy to talk to. Dumb shyts. You seem a little unbalanced yourself by opposing this stuff. Just ask for a reach-around when they are done. Maybe they will give ya one. Then again maybe they will have you grab your ankles one more time.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #14
Chango
Founding Member

In a decade? The majority will be humped in 3 years when their leases run out.

Chango
Old 05-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Dude, I ain't let go of my ankles since I bought a house.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:34 AM   #16
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

I don't know why everyone is so worked up. Why would this bother you unless you have something to hide? No one needs a bike that goes as fast as they do now.

I think implementation of a federal database to track the whereabouts of all bikers is the thing that is really needed.

Also, if you are pulled over for speeding you should be sent to a social training camp to help curb you anger and aggressiveness. Nothing to extreme, maybe just 90 days of intense audio and visual therapy combined with a low protein diet.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:35 AM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I think the CHP now is using radar but I could be wrong. I believe they started a few years ago and have used laser for a while.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:39 AM   #18
Chango
Founding Member

I guess I'll just hang on to the supersport a little longer than I had planned. Or maybe I'll find myself a nice, old VFR...

Chango
Old 05-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #19
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

What exactly to you call a paranoid conspiracy theorist when the conspiracy comes true?
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #20
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Your're living in the past Tigercub. The CHP have been using radar for over ten years now.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote