Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-11-2006, 05:13 AM   #181
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Big Brother & Your Bike

ROI must have been the new term he learned in middle management class at Boeing.

We all that the gov't is really concerned about ROI!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2006, 05:15 AM   #182
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well at least the Crusades and witch burning was fun.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:17 AM   #183
sean11
Founding Member

Default tech cost cheap compared to savings

If you are an insurance man, the cost of these little devices is cheap compared to the money you are going to save paying claims. How much would it lower the accident rate if you had a cop following you around 24/7? a lot. and that translates to lots of dollars saved for insurance companies. of course, they will pocket that money, not pass the savings on to you. the device would not have to transmit all the time, just download once a week. and cost of such devices is a non-issue, think about getting 4 cell phones free when you sign up for a plan. electronics are cheap. accidents are not. don't get me wrong, i certainly don't want to see this happen, but i doubt that the cost of the devices or the badndwith are the issues that will be a deal breaker for insurance companies. after all, they use our money to buy 40,000 dollar cars and crash test them to learn about how safe they are, so they can charge us more when we drive the unsafe ones.
sean11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:21 AM   #184
maladg
Registered Member

ChuckNorrisFacts is funny.

I suppose certain members of the squiddly appointed brotherhood are right: he ain't worth talkin to other that to speak of him in derisive, mocking & other humorous ways.

I'm looking forward to Fred Rau's big article on this issue. Fred, I'll be keeping a close eye out for it. Hope it is in something I actually subscribe to.

There has been a lot of ink, bytes, trees, etc., put on the intellectual pyre on this whole privacy issue for a long time in just about every publication I read. Very serious business indeed.

For MOrons who don't read & vote, you've got abot 160+ posts that should help you get motivated.

Finally, we all need to hear "bigdx's" take on this. After all, somebodies wife is in dire need of satisfaction and the honor of all that is HD is in dire peril. So, StudlyDo-Right....when are you going to step up to the plate and comment on something that actually matters....
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:27 AM   #185
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Re: Sloppy research

That's ... gonna leave a mark.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:29 AM   #186
sean11
Founding Member

well, this will raise brand new oppurtunities for identiy theft and crime. if you thought stealing your liscence plate was bad, wait until someone steals this, or tampers with it. As for me, I'm removing mine and hooking it up to a 12 volt battery in the garage, then applying for lower insurance rates due to low milage. Ha! take that big brother. By the way, if these are wirless they are also hackable, and spoofable. pretty soon it will be like video evidence in court. because it is so easy to alter video, it doesn't carry quite the weight it used to as evidence. especially people's personal camcorders. Incidentally, what do pepole like the secret service or CIA do when anyone can track their every move? what if the bad guys tapped into this system and started using it for their own ends. " Mr Clinton, my, you have been making many trips to monica's now haven't you? we want UN concessions on trade or we will hand this info over to Fox news... How's that for a conspiracy theory? wait, i need a copyright, there's a tom clancy novel there somewhere.
sean11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:30 AM   #187
Fenton
Founding Member

OK, as long as you don't bring in any outside opinions.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:32 AM   #188
fastoldman
Founding Member

He's too busy posting under the name ksquid.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:45 AM   #189
obandoj
Founding Member

Our wonderful goverment does not care weather you make a good looking corpse or not, all they want is extra revenue so that they can finance their wars and their pork!

What a sad time in our history. By the people, for the people... Yeah, right.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:48 AM   #190
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

That would explain a lot. But I don't think we could be that lucky.

Hopefully Fred will continue to produce articles for MO as I have always liked his article, whether in print or online.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote