Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-11-2006, 03:41 AM   #161
ncelik
Registered Member

Default Re: Big Brother & Your Bike

I clearly agree that this kind of big brother monitoring, while seamingly impossible, is eventually going to happen, unless there is an outcry by the people of the United States.

I mean, you'd never think that the government wants to collect ALL phone call data WITHIN the US either, would you?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060511/..._phonecalls_dc

Unless there is a drastic change in leadership (and I am talking a non-Republican, non-Democrat) elected president, this is going to become reality. I however doubt that the current political system allows in practice for a non-establishment candidate to get through. I am not giving up hope though, because I love this country and it's promise of freedom.
ncelik is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2006, 03:46 AM   #162
ksquid
Banned

Default Get real

I never said it couldn't be done technically dork...How is the car going to know it exceeded the posted speed limit? Are you going to load every car with a GPS receiver and map with speed limits of every street in the country:? Are you going to have transmitters along each street sending this data to cars? Again ROI pal. Yes it can technically be done today but will it? We can put a man on mars today but will we? Get Real people...The scale needed makes it cost too much.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:51 AM   #163
ksquid
Banned

Default Hold it dude wrong conclusion

First the article says only domestic to overseas calls.

Also its not recording all the calls. It is just recording the numbers i.e caller phone number and receive phone number. Much less data.

" but that the program "does not involve the NSA listening to or recording conversations.""
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:02 AM   #164
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Screw Big Brother & Hacking Your Bike

Sounds good until you realize that there will be a law that gets you 5 years in prison for defeating the device.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:03 AM   #165
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Hold it dude wrong conclusion

And you believe that... why? Because the Bush Administration sez so? ROTFLMAO!
Old 05-11-2006, 04:04 AM   #166
ripper0303
Registered Member

In the USA the police might have to prove who was driving / riding the speeding vhicle. In Western Australia no such luck. When you pay your vehicle's annual road tax you must state who the primary and secondary drivers of the vehicle are. If the vehicle is caught speeding by a nova speed gun the primary driver is deemed guilty unless they supply the details whoever was driving at the time. It wasn't always like this, but it is now. The laws can be changed anytime 'they' like. The USA is no exception, it's only a matter of time.
ripper0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:08 AM   #167
Buzglyd
Founding Member

The most frightening thing about all this shyt isn't whether it can be done or not, it's that we have people in gov't who want it to be done.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:18 AM   #168
seruzawa
The Toad

Spreading chaos and discontent as usual.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:20 AM   #169
dmc42421
Registered Member

Default Re: Hold it dude wrong conclusion

Excuse me:

"It's the largest database ever assembled in the world," said one person, who, like the others who agreed to talk about the NSA's activities, declined to be identified by name or affiliation. The agency's goal is "to create a database of every call ever made" within the nation's borders, this person added.

I wouldn't feel any better even if you were correct.

I didn't mean to sidetrack the original discussion of vehicle privacy, just wanted to point out that we need to be vigilant.
Old 05-11-2006, 04:22 AM   #170
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default while we're discussing big brother

here's a fun little video to check out.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/05/10.html#a8240
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote