Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-11-2006, 02:43 AM   #151
rickramseyma
Founding Member

Default Re: Big Brother & Your Bike

What we need is a Constitution. Oh wait, we already have one. Why doesn't it apply to roadways? Because government calls driving a "privilege," not a right. How'd they get away with that?

Instead of taking defensive measures against encroaching government, which will only delay them, we need to go on the offensive.

Demand that the US Constitution be applied to our roadways. Last time I checked, our roads were still within our soverign territory. Or have we outsourced them to Asia?

rickramseyma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2006, 03:01 AM   #152
jnewman38
Registered Member

If there is any possibility that this technology might make the cages more inclined to obey the traffic laws I'm for it. Gimme a black box and let 'em upload my info I say. I own a track bike and a daily commuter bike and I don't confuse the two.
jnewman38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:07 AM   #153
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Show me the money, don't get personal now. Hell we can't find Bin Laden..

Do you have any idea how insulting you sound?

People aren't getting upset at the fact that you are challenging data, but at your pissy tone.

Jesus Christ, how narcissistic are you?

If you are questioning the data, that's fine. But if you do so by insulting the author, an author that has been writing for several decades, that is just sad.

You b!tch about Buz and Fred to stop getting personal yet you don't see that you were being personal by claiming the article is poorly researched and insulting Fred in your text? That isnÂ’t challenging FredÂ’s conclusions, thatÂ’s called being a bastard.

I'm sorry, but the sh!t that falls out of you mouth isn't Gospel, no matter how much you hope to sh!t you wish it were.

This string of posts by you on this thread is the most narrow-minded, insulting, and embarrassing cr@p you have ever come up with.

Learn how to properly communicate with people. Take a class or some therapy, because you have no idea how to speak to the rest of society.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:07 AM   #154
Chrisbuyer
Founding Member

Just take the box out and apply the correct amount of force with a very large hammer.
Chrisbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:15 AM   #155
Chrisbuyer
Founding Member

Unfortunatly our courts have determined that due to the right not to self incriminate, criminals cannot be required to register their firearms as that would be - yes you guessed it - self incrimination, since it's illegal for them to own a firearm.
Chrisbuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:17 AM   #156
yellowduc_1
Founding Member

Default Re: Show me the money, don't get personal now. Hell we can't find Bin Laden..

In any gvt regulatory program there is no ROI. None is required because "it will be funded by the users". ROI is a requirement of private enterprise not government. If you have the ability to generate revenue by the stroke of a pin (taxes) you don't need to run an effective operation. Further than that, recently a local LEO was involved in an accident in his new Ford police cruiser. The "black box" (their term not mine) was examined by FOMOCO and the officer was found to be at fault. Make of that what you will.
yellowduc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:25 AM   #157
yellowduc_1
Founding Member

Oops should have been "pen" or maybe P.I.N. hmmmmmm. Have to think about that.
yellowduc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:27 AM   #158
ksquid
Banned

Default ROI

Have you priced out time on a satelite lately? I have Used a satelite phone? Then there is the processing of all the data coming from a real-time continouslly monitoring system.. Do the research.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:34 AM   #159
dmc42421
Registered Member

Looks like those dirty euro-loving commie bed-wettin' liberals got some competition. Seems as if we are getting it from the truly RIGHTeous, too. They take their cues from Stalin.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...5-10-nsa_x.htm
Old 05-11-2006, 03:35 AM   #160
ksquid
Banned

You didn't read my post on the most likely sceanario did you? I object to authors conclusions that a real-time continously monitoring system will be built.. I am saying no way. The cost is too great . Monitoring all the cars in LA for traffic violations on a continous real-time basis will never happen in our lifetime... OK I said it... Yes you can transmitt real-time GPS data and monitor it. But to do it for all cars and bikes in LA????. Satelite and Cell systems don't have the bandwidth. (I know something about this OK). Then there is the cost of processing the data comparing the speed to the leagal limits of the cars location..
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote