Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-10-2006, 11:33 PM   #141
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: ISTEA exsposed. Be afraid be very afraid NOT.. Can you say boondoggle..

Doesn't have to be "real-time continuous" monitoring. It just has to send out a signal when you exceed the speed limit. I'd hazard a guess that's no more expensive (or technologically demanding) than a cellphone call. What does a cellphone call cost compared to a hundred-dollar ticket?

This is eminently feasible. You have a very limited imagination when you can't even conceive of the already-existing.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #142
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Some irony in all of this..the author should feel good

"but I am getting entertained over the same crowd (GPTB) that ... supports the Patriot Act"

Which has oppressed approximately zero persons. Talk about paranoia...

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:47 PM   #143
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Excellent Point

That's because guns and cars (and bikes) are both symbols and facilitators of liberty.

And they make my **** bigger.

I'd feel quite content with an XB12R, a 350Z, and an M1911.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to wrap myself in an American flag, masturbate to a Fox News babe, club a baby seal, and stick pins into my voodoo map of Seattle until I get lucky.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:48 PM   #144
vanion2
Founding Member

Default Re: A matter of scale and cost. How much is your cell min cost?

Speaking of engineers...Just get your friendly Haynes/Clymers manual (when they come out), take it to your friendly Electrical Engineer and have the fellow do a nice work around for you. How many aftermarket automotive companies have devices that disable new rev limitters on the market all ready? How many radar/laser detectors/jammers are for sale right now? So what Mr. Man can't pull your data. All you have to do is shrug and play dumb. "Sorry officer. This is how the bike came when I bought it." All the newest technology out there will be as buggy as Windows 98 SE...and that's IF they can get this to happen.

In the mean time, take the foil off your head and wrap it around your "box" and let's see how much information gets broadcasted then.
vanion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:19 AM   #145
xlr8r
Founding Member

Default Re: Big Brother & Your Bike

Having just read 144 comments, all I can say is that ksquid and the rest who think it will never happen are very wrong. In Europe we already have licence-plate-reading cameras on most major roads, which can work out whether the vehicle is insured/taxed/has passed its anual roadworthiness test, and prosecute you accordingly without you ever knowing it. Satellite tracking of vehicles is easy and widespread, but soon the satellites will be able to directly override the engine management and slow the vehicle if you are speeding. The final 'speed map' for every road is not quite complete yet, but is only a matter of weeks away. Vehicle data recorders are already in the ECU of most cars, and if you've ever tried to fit a discount oil filter to a recent model car instead of the OEM part with its embedded chip, you'll see how the manfacturers and legislators have way of making you do what they want. The best - in fact probably the only - thing to do is to buy a 1970s bike with carburettors and points ignition, and stay on minor roads...
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:53 AM   #146
zondaf50
Founding Member

I'm sure the Robin Hoods out there will think of a way to get around this. (We always do
zondaf50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 01:57 AM   #147
fl34
Founding Member

The most recent issue of Consumer Reports (6-06) Has a relevent article and the National Motorists Association is on to this also. I would suggest that anyone who would dimiss this has a financial interest in it.
fl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:04 AM   #148
pplassm
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh Please...

He's too busy grooming his Pekinese.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:19 AM   #149
pplassm
Founding Member

Didn't they finally run "Angle-grinder Man" down? I thought he had been caught and fined.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:26 AM   #150
pplassm
Founding Member

Wow! You guys are angry!

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/index2.htm