Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 05-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #51
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: OK!

Oh yeah, I forgot LBJ. I also see that Kpaul has moderated your diatribe to "intelligent. That alone should give you pause concerning your postulations.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2006, 03:50 AM   #52
micstumpf
Founding Member

Default Re: Road Rage and You

EXCELLENT ARTICLE. Low profile and laid back attitudes are safer, although difficult to follow especially when one feels to be the victim of bad driving. When I'm cut off by a car, I just swerve, brake, and avoid an accident; when the driver notices he's in the wrong, I wave in a friendly way to let the person know I'm ok; if they don't see me, I let them get away. No sense in letting them know what happened, I'll lose the fight no matter what, physically or psychologically by being upset and tense instead of relaxed and happy, which is what biking is all about, right?
Old 05-06-2006, 04:57 AM   #53
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: Be assertive but not agressive.

Hate to start this early, but.....If you read the article again, you will notice the road rage only effected twin, V-4, triple and the odd CBX guy.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:04 AM   #54
boru4761
Registered Member

Default Re: Deliberately doored

sounds like a conspiracy to me.
boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:13 AM   #55
priday
Founding Member

Default Re: Deliberately doored

As per a previous post a little up from here.... Cap the Motherf*cker with your .45 and then go on calmly about your business! If there wasn't concealed, open or optional carry laws, but a MANDATORY carry law for all citizens over 18, just think how polite our culture would be.

Horsepower is an illusory mathmatical equation; Torque is Real, and is the source of all good things in the world.
priday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:16 AM   #56
ofreen
Registered Member

Default Re: Twisting words and shrill repetition of worst-case scenarios

It is easy to characterize the views of people you disagree with as "extremist, unsupported and isolated political views." It is pretty much a show-stopper as far as constructive conversation goes. It also shows a lack of courtesy to tell someone he is not worth talking to, or discussion with them is "unproductive."
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:18 AM   #57
boru4761
Registered Member

At which point you shoot him/her thru the windshield b/c like any good citizen who planned to carry a firearm while riding a motorcycle, you have spent long hours riding a dirtbike over rough terrain and double tapping moving targets with your Glock in your non dominant hand.

No. I am not kidding.

boru4761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:38 AM   #58
cota
Registered Member

Road Rage: I've lived in Denver long enough to have actually seen it develop over time on the roads here. Being an old farm boy and not being a psychologist IÂ’ve made my own "common sense" (worth a quarter) evaluation of the causes. First I decided that when IÂ’m riding, driving or walking I need to pay attention and always have a way out. My take: The Rager does look like a theyÂ’re having issues, weaving, half lane changing, head twisting around, speeds not steady but usually pushing, and certain vehicles more likely to be involved (big SUVs, Lexus types, and MiniVans). The trigger I used to assume was stress, (a bad day at the office, kids, bills, etcÂ….) but lately IÂ’ve added victims of discourtesy (being the victim of a dumb driving habits or the normal goof up starts a chain reaction of bad driving issues). Either way riding has taught me that IÂ’m exposed and the getaway is the right thing to do and that unless the police witness the whole thing, its not in their job jar. I think your article is right on, all of us need to think about this and really get our own strategy to stay out of these things, stay calm, and keep riding.
cota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:58 AM   #59
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Hate to burst your bubble there KP, but that expression was around long before you got your first MSF score.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #60
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Be assertive but not agressive.

Your superior and safe motorcycle was so incredible you quit riding it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote