Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-30-2006, 06:04 PM   #31
georgios1
Founding Member

Default Re: Battle Ready: Aerostich Combat Tour Boots

Is this for black boots only? My Oakley Hi-top Nails have been through a lot of miles and a couple lay-downs and are still wearing well.

Oakley quit making them so I guess their new combat boots are my next choice. I wore the old molded Scott MX boots in competition in the day,had a pair in black/silver for road use. Nobody but nobody has equalled the old Scott for protection & waterproofing. All these leather-based boots have to be way too thick to provide protection like those molded boots.

Are there any molded road/touring boots made today?
georgios1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2006, 10:41 AM   #32
dp400pac
Registered Member

Once again, the female rider is left out in the cold, with sizes only down to 7!! I have talked to Aerostitch about this and there's not much they can do- Sidi calls the shots.

However out of neccessity, I have found a boot similar to this that has women's sizes. If anyone's interested, go to Chippewa Boot Shop online.
dp400pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:40 AM   #33
devildog_jim
Registered Member

Gabe was a Marine? Oooooh-rah!
Old 05-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #34
vfryellowboy
Registered Member

I've had my Combat boots for 7 years now and ride year round. After 2 years they finally felt broken in and I wear them most of the day. After you wear these you'll never wear tennis shoes on a motorcycle again. Doing track days I had low set pegs and wore the sides of the soles off. Re-sole'd and good as new. Crashed on the track at over 90 and no problem. Boots just scuffed up. These will NEVER come off. Only draw back is sitting on the pot you can't get your jeans down because the boots go to the knee. And when summer swim time comes I have no leg hair from the knee down from the boots, not that I look good at the beach anyway---too much information? I've switched to SIDI racing boots for the summer with the vents for cooling down. But my Combat Boots have taken me from Baltimore to Daytona Bike week in March for 7 years now and I wouldn't wear anything else for the long haul. Cheers to Aerostich. I wish I had one of everything in their catalog.

vfryellowboy is offline   Reply With Quote