Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #11
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: Battle Ready: Aerostich Combat Tour Boots

Ms Cuddy when will you get with it and move into the `80s man?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #12
Neal
Founding Member

Timely article for me...I have been considering the Combat tourer's. Unfortunately the heelless sole of the Lite doesnt meet the specs to be legal on the Navy base I work on. I believe the Combat tourer has a heel, so they are probably the ones Ill go with. When my last pair of flight boots wore out in the early 90's , I bought a pair of Cardinal Engineer boots....not the best riding choice,but they lasted forever. I also sometimes use my old HIPOINT MX boots when walking or working is not involved at the destination. However,since they are both now pretty shot, I need a replacement and the Combat boots sem to fit the bill....sort of a cross between the two. Id be interested in other suggestions....Cruiserworks (waterproof ) boots look promising. Any pros or cons on various boots would be appreciated.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:38 PM   #13
gniewko
Registered Member

Eh, if these boots aren't waterPROOF, they're useless for touring (unless you're a fair-weather tourer, which makes no sense). What the Aerostich guy said about waterproofing making your feet sweaty is absolutely not true for a good waterproof membrane like GoreTex. I have a pair of Alpinestars SM-X GoreTex boots and they're great. They are absolutely waterproof and don't make my feet particularly sweaty.
gniewko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:53 PM   #14
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Never. If it's not an air cooled 2 stroke or something with pushrods or old bootz held together with tape it jez' don't make no nevermind...
Old 04-26-2006, 03:28 PM   #15
fireworks
Founding Member

I dunno, you have something like 52 bones betweek your two feet. I'd be pretty reluctant to wear boots that don't have any armor.

Yes, they are probably very comfortable and have good abrasion resistance, but what happens if the bike comes down on you?

Nice boots but I think I'll pass. Just my 2 cents...
fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #16
grubz916
Registered Member

I have to agree. I also have The SMX Goretex boots, and they've never let me down. It's a shame they're out of production
Old 04-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #17
FrankS1
Founding Member

I don't have the money our esteemed Editor is now making (I can hear the howls of laughter in the background..), so I ride with SIDI boots sold with a SIDI label. They are built somewhat cheaper, but just about as rugged. Back in January, I dropped my BMW R1100GS onto my right foot. My toes and metatarsal arch were sore, but x-rays taken that night showed nothing broken. If the boots that SIDI makes for Aerostitch are as rugged (at twice the price, they'd better be) that would be good enough for me.

BTW, Gabe, nice article.
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:21 PM   #18
fireworks
Founding Member

Fair enough. I've got a pair of the these.

http://www.alpinestars.com/_lp/2006C...ertechboot.pdf

I don't think you'd even be sore with these.

The only thing better are Dainese Axial, or Daytonas.

I looked at the SIDI's and other boots, all of them seemed fine for abrasion, but only the Supertech, Dainese, and Daytonas, seemed to have anything that even looked like it could handle some compression.

I sprained my ankle lightly once, and that taught me that screwing up your legs/feet is a big deal.
fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:40 AM   #19
jmoore813
Registered Member

So if your feet get wet, you won't tour? Don't get me wrong, dry footsies are nice, but wet is not the end of the world. Add cold to the wet, and you may have a point, but there are ways around that too.
jmoore813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:40 AM   #20
opie
Founding Member

I've had a pair of these for about 8 years. They're great. Comfortable, sturdy, and very contemporary looking. I love mine, and they're not even close to worn out. They're easy to put on and take off, and they're easily adjustable. They definitely need to be broken in to be usable, but it's worth it.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote