Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-15-2006, 10:32 PM   #1
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Perfection Comes In Small Packages

Wow cool birthday present for SA..Excellent write up... Nice video and pictures... Suprised the track is so flat but the backdrop is nice....I am glad the AMA will have another "proper racetrack" as Matt Mladin puts it.. Hope the fans come out and support it.. The next time some GPTB MOron talks about how wimpy 600s are I'll just point them to this video..

What a way to go out..Sean...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2006, 04:25 AM   #2
gbrummett
Founding Member

Hey wait a minute, that's not a fair test, Sean Alexander is one of those Gods, seems as though I remeber where he was on a stock Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster and ran off and left all the mere mortals on sport bikes on one of the test rides!
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:35 AM   #3
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default They should have sent me instead

As a regular non-God normal run of the mill rider, they should have sent me instead.

gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:05 AM   #4
naco_traficante
Registered Member

That engine howl really is awesome.

Excellent story full of authoritative information and the observations of a seasoned rider.

A fitting footnote from Mr. Maximum Respect

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:54 AM   #5
caffine
Registered Member

He did! And it just shows that it's the rider, not always the bike. And I believe, if memory serves me correctly, the 2004 Honda 599 was the pic of the litter in that comparo ...
caffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:48 PM   #6
yoavy11
Founding Member

"I can already tell that this is simply the finest machine I've ever ridden. Everything works exactly like you imagined the perfect motorcycle would. The brakes are fiercely powerful, yet ultra controllable. The fuel-injection is lightning quick but laser accurate. The suspension... what suspension? It is so good you will never even notice it. Handling, it's what you want when you want it, with firm and precise steering that manages to feel light and flickable, yet stable at the same time."

These would be my exact words -if I knew how to express myself- coming off of the new 06' CBR-1000RR earlier this morning. I can't believe you guys put it in last place. For me, for road use + the 6-7 track days I do a year, it feels even better than the GSX-R

Anyway I always liked 600's best at the track, I'll go faster and have more fun on the F4i than the R1. But the R1 is the better commuter.
yoavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:56 PM   #7
smithrob75
Founding Member

Awesome bike and test. It's a lot like these new 450cc motocrossers. You only have the bike WFO out 2-3% of the time. It seems like on that track a 600cc would be much faster than a 100cc.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #8
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Sean,

Damn! Those are nice leathers, but... don't the people at shift know how to spell "motorcycle", or was someone gettin' the best of you?
Old 04-17-2006, 05:39 AM   #9
slo1
Founding Member

Glad to see you enjoyed the bike and the track. I was there for corner worker training, shame the powers that be kept us mortals segregated from all of you moto journalist gods

I have ridden the track in better conditions, and it is phenomenal. Anyone comming for the AMA round in June should stay an extra day and ride the track with APEX track days.

slo1
slo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:55 AM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Good eyes

Motorcyce.com is my favorite website!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote