Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: '06 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Thanks for the review. I like it! And good for suzuki for taking a shot at an entertaining non-harley cruiser. Add a small screen and some luggage and this might make a great touring rig.

BTW, the term "all day comfort" is being beaten to death. Why don't we have a rating listed as "X amount of miles would be reasonable on this bike." Not that it really matters, I have a starbucks 2 miles away.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Rode one at Daytona Bikeweek. Pics do not do this bike justice, must be seen in person. Fantastic stock motor make nice solid power without needs for mods. That alone saves a ton of $. Zuki did good with this one!
Old 04-02-2006, 02:54 PM   #3
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey Staff

Yeah, I agree Zuki should have provided you guy with an M109 to ride for a week. Do this mean Iv'e rode one and you guys have not??? Now that's a shame! LOL! Don't worry you'll get your chance. Maybe I'll make a call for ya. LOL. Just funnin with ya.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #4
ofreen
Registered Member

As I read the article, I felt like I was reading ad copy instead of a review. I didn't recognise the writer's name. Then I went to reader feedback and read the intro to that and found out why. I'd guess most freelance writers would go easy on any negative impressions of a bike if that makes it likely they won't be invited to the next press intro. I wonder if it isn't more a matter of contolling the press than one of saving money.
ofreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #5
ksquid
Banned

I think Suzuki is being penny wise and pound foolish... I think MO is more likely to give more coverage (words or pages) than the average print magazine or freelance journalist. In addition, readers aren't stupid as folks have said here and this reads like copy... Too me the web is where you are going to get new riders i.e younger riders... If I was a Suzuki marketeer, I would use market research to find out which sites had the most traffic and invite them.. Print rags are the past. My Motorcyclist subscription is obsolete by the time I get it. In addition as Gabe says they are limited to amount of space/words they can give to article..

That said nice pictures and the bike looks great.
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
ncelik
Registered Member

Same experience here and I agree.

MO: It would be great if at the top of each such article you clearly state that this was not done by your staff. I too noticed this after going to the forum. Had I not gone here, I would have not noticed this at all (but wondered why this review sounds like an ad - is this bike really THIS good?).

If anybody at Suzuki reads this: YOU ARE NOT DOING YOURSELF A FAVOR (this from a Suzuki fan).

ncelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:26 PM   #7
caffine
Registered Member

Nice article but it didn't read like a MO review.

caffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #8
sarnali
Founding Member

Looks nice blah blah blah. I'll take the Street Rod for $16k Alex...

"nothin' like the real thing bay-bee"
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #9
smithrob75
Founding Member

If you wanted a bike with a German engine for 16k, why not get a BMW K1200 ??
Old 04-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #10
smithrob75
Founding Member

I think Suzuki hit the nail on the head. As a 28 year old who started motorcycling by racing motocross and has ridden Sportbikes for years this would be the kind of cruiser I would own. The idea of a bike that has a lot of torque and revs to 7500 rpm is suddenly appealing to me ( I guess I'm getting old) I've ridden a BLVD C50T quite a bit and I think Suzuki is building some great stuff.