Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-05-2006, 01:44 AM   #81
stoney8888
Founding Member

Default Re: How about this.

I would buy a harley if they could make them have the performance looks and price of this bike.

but they don't because they are into making harley clones over at harley.l.o.l.
stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2006, 04:43 AM   #82
bollert
Registered Member

Default Re: '06 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Actually, now that the big four are figuring out that it's not in their best interest to continue to unsuccessfully clone Harleys, and start leveraging their considerable technology and experience to build unique, powerful bikes that actually work, I think that Harley is going to be surprised at the coming surge in Jap cruiser marketshare. I bought the 109, as it was the straw that broke the camel's back for me to convert from my sportbike. The VTX1800 caught my attention, as did the Warrior (let's not forget the VMAX), but it was the M109R that did it. Why? Because Suzuki knows what we want and need and they're not too chicken to do it any longer. Maybe it's because the big four are using their North American product teams?? Trust me, even the Harley guys are looking at the M109R with their peripheral vision. Last weekend at the local biker hangout my 109 drew a crowd. Those were the folks that weren't the psuedo stuck-up HD guys, and the ladies were loving it too ("Honey, look at THIS one") but like I said even the guys who didn't walk up to it were hiding behind their sunglasses admiring it. Let's not forget that there are so many new riders out there, professional guys and gals who can afford harleys, so they buy them thinking it's the top of the cruiser food chain. They don't have anything more than a superficial loyalty to HD, simply because they paid so much for it. It won't take long to figure out that they could be riding a more capable/reliable bike for a hell of a lot less money and looking sexy while doing it. Hats off to HD and the Customs builders for the inspiration, and kudos to the big four for taking cruisers to the next level. At 41, I was ready.
bollert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:46 AM   #83
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: How about this.

"I would buy a harley if they could make them have the performance looks and price of this bike."

Nah, Harley does not cater for the poor. Maybe if voted in the dumocrats they could pass a law allowing you to put your food stamps towards a Harley?

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:15 AM   #84
pdad13
Founding Member

Default Yes, you're right!

SV-650, SV-1000, V-Strom, GSX-R 600/750/1000, Hayabusa. this bike, etc. Yes, of course, they're all complete garbage. How could anyone waste money on one of these sh!tboxes?

I don't think you could trade one of them for a Schwinn within 18 months. Oh, yeah, I see most of these crappy bikes selling on the used market for a lot more than that, closer to normal vehicle depreciation, but that's only because all the people buying them are total idiots. All the smart people know that they're really worth nothing, no matter how much the market actually values them.

And the expense of maintaining them is outrageous! $200 for a tune-up?? Have those little rice-consuming-sneak-attack-loving Nips been inhaling too much of the Emperor's gastric fumes again?? They can't even sell you a genuine Harley-Davidson chrome brake switch cover or H-D Essence of Gear Box Oil Perfume for the one you love! What's up with that, Tojo? (You know, everyone needs these essential items--if only the rice riders weren't so stupid.)

Come on, everyone knows that a good 'ole American H-D is worth just as much used as it is new. Willie G. and the boys, working in a super-secret laboratory up there in Millwaukee, have managed to develop a high-tech and semi-mystical coating that's applied to every H-D, making them impervious to normal market forces, wear and significant depriciation. Of course, those rice-eating yellow devils will use their brainwashed American traitor-riders to disinform the public with rumours about big production numbers, the glut of used H-Ds, increased depriciation, and a shrinking demographic. But anyone with any brains knows that Willie G. is working on a new super-duper-secret laser that will actually make used Harleys worth MORE than new ones.

Heh, I almost feel sorry for those rice-worshipping sum-bit@hes. Almost, but not quite.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:35 AM   #85
abogado
Registered Member

Default IÂ’m convinced!

"Harley does not cater for the poor."

I don't know any way to read this except that the Motor Company will only serve food to rich patrons. (I wonder if I can book them for my next shindig? I wonder what the income guidelines will be? Will they be pegged to federal standards?)

"Maybe if voted in the dumocrats . . . " UG. ME VOTE FOR GRAND REALLY OLD PARTY. IT HERE SINCE CAVEMAN DAYS. UGH.

While your eloquent and infallible points have certainly convinced me, I think that somewhere, right now, George Will is shuttering.

abogado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:13 AM   #86
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Yes, you're right!

"SV-650, SV-1000, V-Strom, GSX-R 600/750/1000, Hayabusa. this bike, etc. Yes, of course, they're all complete garbage. How could anyone waste money on one of these sh!tboxes?"

I suspect it is due to lack of breeding or lack of intellect. Possibly both? But I do feel sorry for ricers. Hell, I feel sorry for all handicapped folks.

Old 04-05-2006, 06:18 AM   #87
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: IÂ’m convinced!

"I don't know any way to read this except that the Motor Company will only serve food to rich patrons."

Sure. Not everybody has class and almost as few recognize class.

Those who donÂ’t have class smell rice. Those who cannot recognize class smell rice and enjoy it.

Old 04-05-2006, 06:32 AM   #88
sethch
Registered Member

Wow...way to represent the Harley crowd!

Raceist and crude. Keep up the good work.
sethch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:03 AM   #89
pdad13
Founding Member

Did you read the whole post? If not, look up "sarcasm" in the dictionary.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:25 AM   #90
bigdx
Founding Member

LOL - seems he got stuck at 'ricer' in the dictionary ...