Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 04-03-2006, 03:38 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: '06 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

"Two years ago at their dealer meeting in Las Vegas, with much fanfare, Suzuki announced that they were forming the Boulevard brand for their line of cruiser motorcycles to separate their cruisers from the Suzuki name, and to promote the Boulevard line to build brand awareness and a thematic identity."

What's new? They just need to borrow some of the psudo-toughs from the Star brand ads, throw the word "Classic" on a few bikes and they are set. "Brand identity" in a box. V-twins and the tough guy lifestyle. Everything the Japanese manufacturers hated about Harley is now their calling card. Amazing.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2006, 03:40 AM   #22
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: No Rice

"How's it feel when "sh*t" gives you a spankin??? LOL!!!"

Not sure what you mean by that.

Nobody that rides ricer (or an HD for that matter) has ever directed a derogatory comment at me at a bar.

I do not exceed the speed limits and have absolutely no desire to race anybody on the road, so nobody on the face of the planet have ever ‘spanked’ me. I see a lot of guys race them selves though …

A little side note: I normally make a quick call to 911 whenever I see delinquents racing or speeding on public roads. Funny thing is, I see less and less ricers on the roads I ride. I suspect they feel ‘spanked’ when they have their licenses suspended or have to pay insurance premiums that cost more than their bike payments.

Ps, funny how bikes with 'farm motors' are worth more that the sh*t from the east.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:52 AM   #23
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Suzuki missing the point ...

"V-Rod got kicked by a 10 year old Suzuki UJM"

That is my point no? If I wanted to go fast I would not be riding a cruiser. You really arenÂ’t the pick of the litter are you?

"reminds me of the guy that passed me on a harley right before a blind curve and ended up in the ditch"

Two ricers passed me in my Ram a couple of years ago. They both ended up in a ditch too. Does that mean my Ram is faster than a GRXR1000? Or does it mean I do not like the smell of rice? Or does it mean the ricers where actually Harleys? Or does that mean you are just talking sh*t like always?

Old 04-03-2006, 04:05 AM   #24
drthompson65
Founding Member

I think Suzuki hit the mark with this bike.. I don't like the front end as that much but its growing on me. I almost got relo to Austin in 2003... Never could get my old house sold in MN.. wish I just would have went.. If I remember a lot of manufactorers release bikes in Austin this time of the year.. I believe Victory did the same thing with the hammer (the other cruiser I'm looking to add next to my Duc 999).
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:18 AM   #25
ncelik
Registered Member

>>>Nobody that rides ricer (or an HD for that matter) has ever directed a derogatory comment at me at a bar. >>

I normally make a quick call to 911 whenever I see delinquents racing or speeding on public roads.

not[/b] an HD?

Me personally, a big reason not to have an HD is that I don't want to be associated with people like you.

Flame on dude. Or call 911.
ncelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:22 AM   #26
ncelik
Registered Member

(not sure why it came out chopped the first time, here the same post again)

>>>Nobody that rides ricer (or an HD for that matter) has ever directed a derogatory comment at me at a bar. >>

I normally make a quick call to 911 whenever I see delinquents racing or speeding on public roads.

<<<

And righteous too! What happened to live and let others live? Personal resposibility? Freedom? I bet your mouth is full of it.

FWIW, I can afford any bike I want too. As do plenty of other people. Has it ever occoured to you that it just happens that the bike we want it not an HD?

Me personally, a big reason not to have an HD is that I don't want to be associated with people like you.

Flame on dude. Or call 911.
ncelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:44 AM   #27
SmokeU
Registered Member

"Ps, funny how bikes with 'farm motors' are worth more that the sh*t from the east"

He didn't mean 'farm motors'; he said 'farm the motor.' As in HD couldn't design/build the thing themselves, they had to have Porsche do most of it for them. Perhaps *you* should learn how to read.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:58 AM   #28
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Default Re: Suzuki missing the point ...

While your handle reflects some wish on your part to share your phallic issues with the rest of us, I'll pass, I shall think of you in the future as " El Picador". Thanks for the entertainment!
Old 04-03-2006, 05:11 AM   #29
sarnali
Founding Member

So it would appear....
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 05:17 AM   #30
bigdx
Founding Member

"What happened to live and let others live?"

My point exactly. Doing excessive speed on public road endangers the lives of other folks using said roads.

"Personal respo[n]sibility?"

Yep, the responsible thing to do when you witness an individual committing a felony and/or endangering the lives of others is to report it to the authorities.

"Freedom?"

There are many definitions of freedom but to me nobody has the freedom to endanger the lives of other.

"Me personally, a big reason not to have an HD is that I don't want to be associated with people like you."

Sniff sniff Â…