Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #1
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Does such a bike exist??

"previous bikes were CBR600, Katana 750, VTR1000. I need more sport than those"

I can't offhand think of any passenger-comfortable two-up bike that will give you the "sport" you're looking for. Comfort + performance = compromise. Sounds like you're looking for a 10/10ths sportbike, which wouldn't have passenger comfort on its mission statement.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: YES...

That Yamaha MO just tested looks pretty good.

Any big sports-tour Jap bike with a fairing would fit the bill.

Jeez, I had the same dilemma in September of last year. Everything looked so dang good.

So I bought a Buell. Good luck.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:03 AM   #3
schizuki
Founding Member

(OT-PS - Note the lack of "First post!" When you get it, act like you've been there before and will be there again. Word.)

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:07 AM   #4
gr8shandini
Registered Member

Have you tried some of the modern SPORT tourers (as opposed to BMW-style sport TOURERS)? The Triumph Sprint ST, Aprilia Futura, and the good ol' VFR are all handy enough to put up a good lap time and have plenty of comfort for the missus.

And if you're ready to shell out some serious cash, I just took a test ride on a BMW K1200S last week. Absolutely phenomenal, but pricey at over 17 grand.
gr8shandini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
dleclerc
Founding Member

I would suggest trying the K1200S and Buell Ullisys might suprise you.
dleclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:14 AM   #6
antimatter
Founding Member

No bike with serious passenger hauling ability will be as fun on the track as a pure sport-bike. My advice would be to get a Yamaha FJR1300 for hauling and distance, then save up and get a used SV650 for the track. Or buy a ZX-10R and drive the car when the missus wants to go somewhere.
antimatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:18 AM   #7
Fenton
Founding Member

I vote VFR. If you don't think there is enough "sport" in the VFR watch Reg Pridmore ride two up around the outside of "A & B" riders during his CLASS.

I forget where I read it years ago and who the journalist was talking about but it does point out the skill factor.

-"he can smoke you down racer road on a goldwing with a fidgety John Candy on back"
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:27 AM   #8
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Posting to your own post is frowned upon here in the Mo arena. Some say however that a 3rd post to you own post erases the "over-posting" stigma entirely, and is good.

I got second post btw. Second posts have a whole different set of rules that space and time don't permit listing. Or posting.

Old 03-28-2006, 09:33 AM   #9
addysdaddy
Registered Member

Checkout the Ducati MTS 1000s - I have it and simply love it! Check it out.
addysdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:49 AM   #10
jvbruce
Registered Member

I have a 99 Triumph Sprint ST, and it does exactly what you describe. My wife and I often do rides of two to three hundred miles, and the bike has more than enough 'sport' to keep me satisfied when I ride alone. It's nice, too, that you can pick up a used one with low miles for under $5k.
jvbruce is offline   Reply With Quote