Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-29-2006, 05:16 AM   #61
Mingan65
Founding Member

Default Re: Does such a bike exist??

I would like to add a vote for the BMW K 1200 S. That's what I ride now. I weight in at around 235 lbs (on a good day), yet this bike has no problems rocketing me to vision-blurring speeds. It can be a bit much for me to handle in tight curves, given my limited experience and confidence level with curve carving (my last bike was a Harley Fat Boy). Plus, the K 1200 S with electronically adjustable suspension is very versatile and comfortable, for riding two up or with luggage.

For something more affordable that "approaches" the same level of versatility and comfort, but with a lot less power, I would vote for the VFR, the only other bike of this style that I have owned.
Mingan65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2006, 05:19 AM   #62
Mingan65
Founding Member

I should add that, if the price range of a BMW is acceptable to you, you might want to grab one of the new K 1200 GTs, which should add even more comfort without given up too much sportiness.
Mingan65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:23 AM   #63
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

How about you just teach her how to ride? If she's willing to sit on the back and deal with your crazy ass, than she should be willing to learn to ride.

Get her a bike. This will allow you to buy whatever you want.

And, since she will have her own ride, she won't question you on spending time or money on the bikes.

So instead of spending 13 grand on an FJR, you can spend 4 on a used SV or smaller on her and 9 on whateverthehell you want.

...it's worth a shot.

And hell, if it doesn't work out you could take the used SV you bought her and make it a track bike.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:27 AM   #64
03zx12r
Registered Member

More sport than a cbr600? No such sport touring bike exsists with more sport that the cbr. If I had to suggest, Fj1300, ST1300, Wing
03zx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:53 AM   #65
gas_pig
Founding Member

This makes the most sence to me by far!

What's the point of trying to do a sporty ride if you have a pillion anyway?
Old 03-29-2006, 12:00 PM   #66
anrajala
Founding Member

I would go for a nearly new Valk. But if sportiness is so important that the world´s best bike will not do, then I would agree go for FJR

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #67
damediggler
Registered Member

LOL...good stuff but I dont't need to worry about my woman riding a motorcycle with all the yahoos out on the road. Everyone who rides knows they will go down.... I much rather she went down on me..uhhh with me rather than crash on her own somewhere. Yeah yeah a double standard, but come on dude I know girls can ride but imagining my beautiful girl laying in the middle of the road is too much for me to bear. Unless I'm laying there too. I much rather her on my backseat than her own bike. Part of the reason she likes riding with me is the fact that I don't ride like a jerk when I have a passenger. That's reserved for single riding only!!!
damediggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:42 PM   #68
damediggler
Registered Member

Thanks for all the input Mo Fo's. I def have a lot to think about.I think I will probably have to get two bikes. I have outridden many (sunday canyon riding) folks on greater machinery but I have the hankering for something cooler,faster, and really good handling. Not so I can be a poser but because that is what I want.I need a bike like I need air to breath. The fact that my chick digs bikes is an added plus, but I am about 30 years too young for a goldwing. The FJR seems like a good bet, yet has anyone ridden one in some real twisties with some good stuff to say? I guess, in 2006 I am askin for too much. A bike that will do it all and still have enough "oh $hit" factor to fill my need for speed. I think my prob is I love motorcycling too much and don't have enough money. Or maybe I should stop crying about comfort and get a superbike and call i good. The 955i zx-9r and Futura really interest me but I dunno.....Thanks again everyone and till next time: Keep the Rubber side down!!
damediggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:13 AM   #69
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

So, you're pretty much saying if she's gonna get hurt, you would rather be the reason she gets hurt?!

"Everyone who rides knows they will go down"

Well, this includes you AND your passenger. At least if sheÂ’s riding and sheÂ’s about to go down she has some sort of awareness of what is going to happen and what she can do.

If you are worried about here IÂ’m assuming she is in an armored jacket, pants and boots when you go riding?

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote