Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-21-2006, 03:11 PM   #41
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: '06 BMW HP-2

No telelever or abs on the HP2.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #42
OhioSteve
Founding Member

Let's assume that you have already convinced your wife that you need a $20,000 motorcycle. So that has already happened.

I would prefer this bike over a $20,000 ducati sportbike or a Honda Goldwing. The Duc will require a racetrack and a mechanic. You can enjoy this bike at legal speeds on the roads or on dirt. Plus, with this bike being old is optional. You can only buy a Goldwing if you are in AARP.

This bike has a unique persona. If I had $20,000 and a 36 inch inseam, I would consider it.
OhioSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:59 AM   #43
SRMark
Founding Member

I like KLRs and I like this BMW but give me 4 KLRs. No, I won't live long enough to wear out 4 killers. (And, as I remember, those fan shrouds and tight valve cover clearances make valve checks a real ass pain.) You only go around once and I figure I have enough riding days left to kill off one good HP2 before it kills me. Now if I can sell three bikes and one car and get my wife to agree to a loan...
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote