Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-26-2001, 08:28 AM   #91
Maddoggie
Founding Member

Default Re: First Ride: Yamaha FZ-1

I truly enjoyed the FZ-1 Bike review posted on www.motorcyclenews.com. At least they provided some info on vibration levels and wind protection. All the test riders really enjoyed the bike. That's more than I can say about the sad excuse of a bike review motorcycle.com provided.
Maddoggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2001, 07:20 AM   #92
Maddoggie
Founding Member

Take a look at the lower cowling on the Yamaha-Motor web site. It's not a complete functional lower cowling. It simply appears to be a decorative piece similar to one on the Buell X-1.
Maddoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2001, 03:42 AM   #93
Carlton
Founding Member

For those of you also interested in Yamaha's "not coming to the U.S. this year" FJR1300, there is an online petition at:

http://www.geocities.com/revin_rev/
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 06:40 PM   #94
JonE
Founding Member

I agree that this article largly missed the mark for many readers. MO needs to draw considerably more relationships between this bike and it's competition, the ZRX 1100/1200 and the Bandit 1200. I just didn't get a substantial feel for the performance levels of this machine from the rider feedback. I'm sure the testers have spent a good deal of time on the other bikes.

--More comparitative sensual data, please.
JonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 07:02 PM   #95
JonE
Founding Member

Default Re: Review falls short/Don

Well said, even tempered and thoughtfully critical!

With all due respect to the critics, there's a catch-22 to such viewpoints. They experience so much that they become highly sensitized. But this sensitation often times keeps them from seeing the forrest because of the trees. I feel they respect us and expect that we will read between the lines, but too much is often left out and too much redundancy of specs we enthusiasts have already ferreted out is included.
Old 03-19-2001, 07:15 PM   #96
JonE
Founding Member

At a dealership, I sat on and had my hands all over a blue one this weekend. I had read the MO review, but still felt like I was had only a slight leg up on the company propaganda line. Could I ride the bike at the dealership? Yea, right! If the points you mentioned had been addressed, then I would have considered myself a descently informed consumer, which is the reason d'etra for this kind of journalism.
Old 03-20-2001, 05:44 PM   #97
just4john
Founding Member

You can say that again. I could care less about how pretty Spain is. It's the bike, stupid. Also stop reminding me it's NOT an R1. In short, crap review. You guys get paid for this?

John
just4john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 09:14 AM   #98
enewmen
Founding Member

MO:

I hear of a highly anticipated shootout between the FZ-1, Bandet 1200, and the ZRX1200.

If possible, please also include the:

Honda V65 Sabre, Suzuki GS1150GS, Kawasaki GPz1100, and the Yamaha FJ1200.

I am VERY interested to see what kinds of progress have been made.

thanks!
enewmen is offline   Reply With Quote