Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-16-2006, 05:03 AM   #41
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Open Superbike Shootout

KEEP TRYING, YOU'LL GET IT RIGHT SOME DAY....
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2006, 05:04 AM   #42
sarnali
Founding Member

Um....you've got something on the front of your dress.......
Old 03-16-2006, 05:59 AM   #43
MCGMB
Founding Member

Loved the review -- very comprehensive, yet easy to understand. Admittedly, I don't always read such a lengthy review completely from start to finish at first, preferring instead to jump around. You've done pretty good job of making that easy, but perhaps you could make it better still by somehow sub-heading the components of the analysis for the individual bikes within the respective sections. I know that sometimes can interrupt the flow of the narrative, but done well I think it's worth it and easier to go back and find a specific point.
MCGMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:35 AM   #44
BiZ
Founding Member

Wow is Honda gonna be pissed at you guys...

"But we gave them everything they asked for!!!!" (unknown honda engineer.)
BiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:59 AM   #45
ccmun
Founding Member

Ok Review, and much respect. However, I must say you guys did a typical journo wank-out at the end of the review. It lacked conviction...I think your individual review of the bikes offered a lot more insight than this shootout. Whine_Alert: Last year you complained the Kawi was too wild, this year it was too tame....Its also the first time, I have seen too much hp as being irrelevant. Somehow, I think that if the Suzi had more hp, you would've probably used that as a reason for choosing it #1. And that Suzi styling come-on...except for the back-end its a flub. The big Zee is sharp and exudes excitement, and danger...You guys made the safe bet.
ccmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:24 AM   #46
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Pretty damn funny.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:29 AM   #47
christian_gates
Founding Member

I thought that the Masterbike lap times looked a little suspicious...setup, tires, familiarity with the bike etc. all make a huge difference in lap times when your talking about tenths of a second - or even 1 or 2 whole seconds.

I took a look at the methodology used during Masterbike and, indeed, it looked like it was toilet (limited laps, limited setup time, not sure about tires...). Or at least not scientific.

Didn't they put a Ducati in one of the tests here a while back? I seem to recall that it got smoked...although once again, my memory could be playing tricks.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:31 AM   #48
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Great review guys. I for one enjoy the different perspectives presented by testers with varying skill levels. Not all of us can ride like Sean you know. Van
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:35 AM   #49
christian_gates
Founding Member

Ooops...memory playing tricks on me. It looks like a 999 did get smoked - but only by the friendly staff here at MO in a low-speed crash.

The 749S was on par with the Jap 600s...I'm guessing that without the same 25% displacement advantage, the 999S would have issues compared to the current gen. (or last gen.) Jap 1000cc rockets. But who knows?

Bring back the Ducati! The 8 bike shootout was pure genius! That was a bold, brazen attempt at a massive comparison! Even if it did end in low-grade disaster...it was still kicka$$.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:36 AM   #50
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: MotoGP

Looks like they might have finally got the GSV-R sorted out....