Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-15-2006, 06:12 PM   #31
Aero_Mongoose
Founding Member

Default Re: There's another way to cut to the chase...

Oar, if u r ee-litter-it lik me, u can just make the mowse go clicky on them video thingys and halve that big red man go talky talky 4 a cupel minets!

A another fun read from MO. None of these bikes are for me, but I imagine that sooner or later all that R&D will make it's way down to the 'mere mortal' motorcycles (even if I'm illiterate, I can still alliterate). I'm glad there are people who support these bikes so that we can all have inverted forks, slick transmissions and sticky tires one day. The article mentioned how much bikes have improved in recent years; it's impressive to think that they're still advancing so quickly.

Thanks go out to all involved with the test. Keep up the good work.
Aero_Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2006, 06:38 PM   #32
cgarrison2k6
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Open Superbike Shootout

"Fair" has nothing to do with the cost of the motorcycle. If Ducati can sell their bikes for $18,000 versus the $12,000 for these other bikes, than so be it. I am just saying that I would like to see how the bikes compare as you buy them.

If you are worried about cost, and say one bike costs $1000 less than another... do you then add $1000 worth of parts, say tires and aftermarket exhaust to equal the price? No. The point is to compare the motorcycles as delivered by the factory.

We are all fully aware of the economics involved with Ducati, or Ferrari, or any other niche brand.. they can't compete with the Japanese on price. You could take any old $20,000 Honda, put a lot less than $200,000 into it and destory a Lamborghini Murcilago in performance, but what's the point? You're simply proving that the Lamborghini is priced too high for its performance level.

No one prices their bikes as $/hp or $/seconds around a track. If you want to see a test with $18,000 GSXRs or R1s, you might as well just add $6000 worth of parts to all the bikes tested, so that you are still comparing the bikes, rather than what money can buy for them.

My only point in mentioning the Ducati is that I'm personally interested in one, and can afford the price difference over the Japanese bikes. I know it's not as good a value, as I mentioned, but that's not the point. A motorcycle is about more than what lap times Sean Alexander can put in with it. I currently own a Ducati Monster and love the sound, feel, and exclusivity versus the typical Japanese bikes that are everywhere. Again, it's personal preference.
cgarrison2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #33
staff
Registered Member

Default Did you read this?

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcyosse...an/index.motml
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:12 PM   #34
V4Roar
Founding Member

you know the no caps thing is really cute... my granddaughter just got over it, she's 13...
V4Roar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:15 PM   #35
V4Roar
Founding Member

you know the no caps thing is really cutesy pootsy ... my granddaughter just got over it, she's 13...
Old 03-15-2006, 08:16 PM   #36
V4Roar
Founding Member

you know the no caps thing is really cutesy pootsy ... do you dot your i's with little hearts too?
Old 03-16-2006, 03:36 AM   #37
SRMark
Founding Member

I will never sample any of these bikes, only because of age-related issues. Thanks for a good read. Is it me or are these things finally starting to look good? Was there a mass die-off of Japanese designers? If so, we have all benefitted.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:16 AM   #38
Vee_Crunchy
Founding Member

Thumbs up for the Gixxer!

It confuses me though how come Suzuki produce all-conquering, consecutive-shootout-winning, championship-dominating superbike, and still not able to make a competitive MotoGP bike (like Ducati for instance). :P Maybe they should race a GSX-R in MotoGP?

And one more thing. Its interesting how other manufacturers are radically changing the character of their bikes while trying to come up with the winner. Previous ZX-10R was too nervous and scary so they revised the chassis, added a damper and now its stable enough to make it a bit character lacking. 1000RR on the other hand was dull and wheelie resistant so now they made it flighty and constantly bouncing of the ground. R1 once was a teacher in midrange department, but when they came short in hp area, they sacrificed the torque and made it revvy in order to keep up with power standards.

And Suzuki simply keep refining the good old GSX-R which remains what it always was – a combination of the best features of the other three and a complete bastard of a bike.

Vee_Crunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:18 AM   #39
christian_gates
Founding Member

Fabulous review. Yeah. Fabulous.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:20 AM   #40
leinj
Registered Member

Default Re: Point Taken, Yes Sir...

Gabe, please don't take the previous poster's opinion as speaking for all of us. I'd always vote for more text rather than less - nobody forces you to read it. And like you said, more room for the details is one of your competitive advantages over the print guys.

Thanks for all the great new reviews guys!
leinj is offline   Reply With Quote