Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-14-2001, 12:45 AM   #1
jeepers
Founding Member

Default Re: 2000 World SuperSport Update: Testbike Models?

first post - allright - we all knew it would be Yamaha - putting the duck in there makes me wonder "why"
jeepers is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2001, 03:09 AM   #2
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

to quote mohammed ali:

"I...am....the....great...est...."

Some competitors just never give up
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 03:38 AM   #3
Detroit
Founding Member

Being from the midwest I am so sick of hearing about California. Ok So California if was its own country would be the 5th highest bike purchaser in the world.

How about these facts: 1) The Country of California would have NO power and would have to purchase energy form the USA. 2) The Country of California would have the *1 Gay Population Country per Capital in the World. 3) The country of USA would have no Serial Killers
Detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 05:04 AM   #4
JoeSquid
Founding Member

Being from the Mid-West, it is NOT surprising: 1) Your obvious homophobia; 2) the fact that you would carry on about how much you hate California ('cuz there's so much to do in the Mid-West); and finally, 3) give us grief about crime when Detroit sets the standard for stupid sports related rioting. Oh yeah, aren't you the guys who came up with Devil's Night?

We here in Cali will continue to enjoy everything you hate - including the fact that we can ride and you can just look out your window at the snow and cows.
JoeSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 05:15 AM   #5
955tri
Registered Member

amen.
955tri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 06:41 AM   #6
Detroit
Founding Member

I guess I should stay the silent majority.
Detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 07:07 AM   #7
phatire
Founding Member

Beleive it or not, there are MORE important places to ride than in California... I don't think 1 state should make you differentiate anything.
phatire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 07:13 AM   #8
Nepenthe
Founding Member

What I would also be interested to know:

--whether some or all of these bikes were special "blueprinted" copies made special for motojournalists

--whether any changes besides suspension, tire inflation, and (in the track test) the tires themselves were made either by the staff or by the manufacturers: ignition, carb tuning, EFI mapping, suspension components, etc.

--weather, type of gas, oil, etc.

--type of break-in/whether the bikes were broken in according to manufacturer recommendations

--I sound like a picky bastard

--ah well, carry on, I was just curious
Nepenthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 07:26 AM   #9
BurningSquid
Founding Member

Being from California, I assumed the Cali bikes were tainted by CARB, so I traveled halfway across the country to buy a 49-state R6. All the reports are true. The gelded R6 has a lower redline 14.5K, smaller rear sprocket, different black box, different cams. Check out www.factorypro.com they did extensive testing between both models. If you're one of the unfortunate to have purchased a Cali R6, save the flames. I've heard them all. I really don't care if you can outride me, I'm just not dumb enough to pay for bike that has less HP than the rest of the world.

BTW for all you potential R6 owners in Cali, there is a legal way to purchase an R6 from another state and bring it back.
BurningSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 08:34 AM   #10
AzizaVFR
Founding Member

The major problem with California is all the restrictions put on it by the California Air Resource Board (CARB). It is due to them we have bikes with less power, ugly charcoal canisters hanging off the bike, and require a different Power Commander than the rest of the world for my VFR800.

CARB is also indirectly responsible for the energy catastrophy we are currently experiencing. With all the restrictions that have been imposed, it would take about five to seven years to build an additional power plant in California, where the same process would be completed in less than ten months anywhere else.

With all these roadblocks put into the way of motorcycle and car manufacturers alike, you have to applaud their creativity, engineering foresight, and passion to bring us the go-fast toys we all like.

Enjoy,

AzizaVFR
AzizaVFR is offline   Reply With Quote