Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-15-2001, 06:17 AM   #81
skisurf2
Founding Member

Default Re: Holy ripoff batman!

The dealer, I went back there recently and most of the newer ones are equip. with pilots, they told me some came in mixed matched front and back
skisurf2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2001, 06:18 AM   #82
baker
Founding Member

Default Re: and

I forgot to mention this...

I'd bet a zillion quid that the Fazer 1000 (or FZ-1) will win whatever MO test it is entered in! This Fazer 1000 is a totally pointless piece of sh*t machine! I cannot understand why anyone would buy one of these - they are just an ugly, heavy, over priced, bland sh*t-heaps. Fair enough if you a Yamaha fan then you might consider one but why not buy an R1? This thing will cost only slightly less than an R1 but has a crappy frame, weighs far more, offers no more wind protection and is sooooo ugly.....looks being the main reason anyone buys a muscle bike. If you are after a muscle bike but a MonsterS4 or a Raptor1000, a sports bike buy a GSXR1000 or a R1 or a Fireblade (929RR) - alternatively if you want something in-between that is ok at everything but excels in nothing then buy a Fazer1000. I know everybody will agree with me on this.....I only speak the truth and have no hidden agendas - unlike some......

baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 07:00 AM   #83
Larry_supersport
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 World Supersport Shootout

Well I am really confused. How can you test race reps on the track and judge on ridability on the road. First off everyone who chose to judge 600 supersports on there streetability needs to go buy a VFR or a Bandit, and leave the supersport class all together. There are people out here who like to do trackdays and even test there limits on the road(not wise, but it happens). For all of those who are planning on buying side bags for there R6 go home. Now another thing I swear that yamaha must be paying you, the gixxer has had a good bike for a long time and every year MO slashes the bike, saying "if it only had more power..." now the bike has the highest power in the class, and you go and change the way you judge. Well personally I am glad you picked the R6, so all those jocks with there ball cap and shorts riding gear will continue to buy them up. Basically all I am saying is stick with a standard and pick the all arounder (the CBR) or the track bike (the Gixxer) not the most popular.

P.S. sorry for the rant I am just tired of the Gixxer getting none of the respect it deserves.
Larry_supersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 08:36 AM   #84
stevegrab
Founding Member

Ok, I've chilled. But I just assumed (since I had just read the article and didn't see that), that it was another case of somebody about something without reading it. Seems a lot of people are doing that.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2001, 08:38 AM   #85
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: hmmmm

Looks count for half, well as you said, that is your opinion.

I'd say looks count for a lot less for me (maybe 25%) and that is subjective. I think the 99-00 F4 looks great, but a lot of people think they're ugly. (I don't care much for the orange/black or yellow/black colors though.)
Old 02-15-2001, 08:45 AM   #86
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: D207 tires are crap

Take it easy Brent, no big deal. Spell checkers are a pain.

Thanks for the replies, and corrections. Sounds like this problem is mostly at extremely high speeds, on track, over road imperfections,etc. Nobody seems to have had that much problem on the street, except for BBD_Racing, who I presume probably rides a lot harder and faster than I do.

Could it be that running them with lower pressure is actually worse. I tend to stick closer to stock pressures, because I do more sport touring (or as we call it in the Midwest, riding to get to the good roads) so I need longer life out of my tires.
Old 02-15-2001, 08:48 AM   #87
stevegrab
Founding Member

The Gixxer gets lots of respect, people who race, or follow racing now it is the best bike out of the box.

I think all your comments about what people should go buy is a load of crap. I'll buy what I want, and post my opinions just like you. I want a sporting bike, but I have to put up with riding a longer distance to get to twisty roads, so I need some comfort. I don't want a VFR, although I may get one eventually.

Opinions are like a**holes, you know the rest....
Old 02-15-2001, 08:52 AM   #88
stevegrab
Founding Member

Nice mention of the R6 in pink again Richard, maybe that would knock it out. Or maybe MO would just go Star Boyz on it and cover the bike with some really tacky fur, and neon lights!

It's really simple

F4i or ZX-6R for the street

R6 or GSXR600 for the track
Old 02-15-2001, 12:31 PM   #89
stevegrab
Founding Member

Brent is right about the different tires. In 2000 the F4 could come with any of these 3

Dunlop D207

Bridgestone Battleax (I think these were the older BT56, before the BT010)

Michelin Pilot Sports

The dealer is not screwing anybody, the manufacturer has just decided to use 3 different brands of tires. Not sure why, maybe to avoid production problems when there a shortage.

Hey, anybody know if Chaparral is selling the pairs of D207s cheap because they are crap? (Sorry Brent, I still can't get over that.)
Old 02-15-2001, 12:31 PM   #90
stevegrab
Founding Member

test anonymous squid posting