Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-14-2001, 11:18 AM   #61
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Holy ripoff batman!

Did the dealer do this? What dirtbags!!! I know that they do sometimes differ state to state, at least they did a few years ago. Wow, that really bites man.

RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2001, 11:34 AM   #62
pushkin_9
Founding Member

Default MO money and whatever happened to Billy Bartels

crg you're an idiot.

MO YOU DA BEST!!! DA BESTEST BEST!!!

I love motorcycle online, and I've been reading it religiously

since that glorious day 4 years ago when I typed motorcycle.com in the

location bar of my browser.

I do miss Billy Bartels though. His articles where brilliant, I think

minime is the intellectual heir to billy's writing style. Whatever

happened to Billy and his cute girlfriend anyway?

Sign me up for motorcycle.com.

-Pushkin

pushkin_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 11:38 AM   #63
blip
Founding Member

Default Re: D207 tires are crap

BBD_Racing figured it out on his own: the D207 street tires' carcass is _way_ too soft, so the tire flexes a lot and leaves you with little road feel. They are plush on the highway, thought.

To combat this, at a Honda press intro at Las Vegas last year when they still used them, Honda was running 40 psi in the tires!

They aren't that sticky to begin with, and adding more air makes it worse. It's a horrid tire.

Not that Buell doesn't use them, they track tested them two or three years ago and decided to stay with the D204, which was a decent tire. Politics keeps them on Dunlops becuase of Harley...

Anyway, the D207 RACE tire is pretty darned good, but the concensus is that the Michelin Pilot Sports are better and the Metzeler/Pirelli Rennsports are the best.
blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 11:40 AM   #64
blip
Founding Member

Gawds, I have crossed-up eyes from staring at the monitor too long. That's "They are plush on the highway, THOUGHT." and:

"NOTE that Buell doesn't use them,"
Old 02-14-2001, 11:42 AM   #65
blip
Founding Member

why is this dang program putting a "T" on the end of thou-g-h? Grrr. Guess I need to fix my own messed-up posting code.
Old 02-14-2001, 11:44 AM   #66
blip
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 World Supersport Shootout

Honda, from what I've heard, spec'd two tires, so you get one or the other. Must've been a tire shortage.

But kudos to them for dropping the D207!
Old 02-14-2001, 12:34 PM   #67
Twostroke
Founding Member

I knew it. You couldn't stay away from the track. To hell with the readers opinions. We are going to the track. I doubt one percent has the skill to ride these at the track but there you are again. The Honda is the best you say but let's rank this other one first anyway. I'm getting on my BMW and going for a real ride.
Twostroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 12:37 PM   #68
dean
Founding Member

Lighten up man! Roland will outride you anyday of the week on any track in any weather! He was just making the comparison humorous (i guess you have no humor). Perhaps you believe that humor means lack of integrity or effort? Read between the lines, he's giving you the same information, but with humor. I have alot of respect for Rolands opinions given his background. Have you ever even raced a motorcycle?
dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 12:50 PM   #69
blademan
Founding Member

What??? It says that the F4i is the most streetable but the Yam wins, what???? I thought this was a street comparo. I think its the moto-journalists that want get extra track time in. You guys just can resist even when the readers tell you to stay away. You naughty little chits. Good article, I know you guys spent 1000+ hours on it. Enjoy the rest before the open class shootout. And oh yeah, we all know that the F4i is the real winner.
blademan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 05:00 PM   #70
richardr6
Founding Member

dude has a right to his opinion and so DO I!. If you thought that was funny, you are the one that is easily entertain! Comparing farts and bowel movements in a MO article is not humorous at all. You lose your validity win you start talking jive and "YO whats up, I rode the R6 and she was kickin"! Did you not read the article were Roland was the only one who tossed the Suzuki GSXR? WOW, and you respect this guy! Get of how he ride for five seconds, cuz the point was the not how he rides but how he comments. I guess you like "My bike is faster than your dude" comments. Lighten up, cuz not everybody that has a sense of humor thought it was funny !
richardr6 is offline   Reply With Quote