Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-14-2001, 09:38 AM   #51
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Amen brotha'! ditto what he said, it's been fixed (nt)

RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2001, 09:43 AM   #52
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default reitteration

The Honda is not really upright, it's only an inch or two more upright I'd say, but every little bit makes a difference.

How tall are you? At 6' I notice it a lot, but then Baker said the Gixxers have gotten better on rider position, than the 96-99 for 750, and 97-99 for the 600, that series. So...

All I know is I could ride my F3 all day and the footpeg positioning was comfortable, riding position, etc. I could tuck in no problem also. On my 750 I have to slide back on the seat to not hit my head on the windscreen when tucking in. The tank is also rather wide on the 97 gixxer, so it makes the bike feel bigger than it is, etc. Lots of small things that add up to a not very comfortable bike, not for race reasons, just in general I think.

Rob
Old 02-14-2001, 09:57 AM   #53
Chester
Founding Member

Default Re: reitteration

I am 5'10" and have a 2000 600, which is the same as a 1997. The tank is wide, not that comfortable of a bike, but I think it is more fun to ride in that position than an F4s. The F4 is no slouch, it is easier to wheelie than the GSXR, partly because of more power, but more because your body weight isnt resting so heavily on the front.

I do have the hitting the head on the screen problem too though. If it was a perfect world, I would have a GSXR1000 for back roads and a Hayabusa for touring, but I am broke, so I get to tour on a mediocre-engined race rep.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 10:00 AM   #54
Fazermanny
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 World Supersport Shootout

I'm 48, have just been ticketed for pulling a wheelie on my VMax and have been an active road-racer for the past 21 years. The test was fair. Most real good track bikes aren't also best on the street but Honda has always straddled both conflicting needs best until the R6. I've never even ridden one yet but have ridden with them being ridden by someone else and they are awesome. They make a medium rider seem great and a great rider like a champion. None of them turn my crank except when my friends allow me to take them for a spin and then I just love them all, but I'll buy sporting standards for my own use.

Manny
Fazermanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 10:09 AM   #55
Chester
Founding Member

Default Re: D207 tires are crap--maybe so?

I have always heard they were good tires too, but I had an incident that perplexed me with mine. I have a GSXR600, it was about 70 degrees out, perfectly dry road, I am doing about 50 mph, go for a stoppie and the front tire locks up for about 15 feet, a thick ass black mark in the road. I am not the greatest stunt guy in the world, but that suprised the stuffing out of me, I didnt think that would happen. That may say nothing about the suckiness of 207s, but who knows.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 10:27 AM   #56
Shooter
Founding Member

Should have called the moped shootout!
Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 10:31 AM   #57
hrdcore
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 World Supersport Shootout-GSXR

I own a 01 GSXR 600. I am about six feet tall and weigh in at 175lbs. The bike doesn't feel too big to me and although the bike can be a bit buzzy through the handlebars, the problem wasn't something a good pair of gloves didn't help make much more managable.
hrdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 10:31 AM   #58
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Default Re: D207 tires are crap

I have two D207 experiences.

1) Texas World Speedway had some new patches added last year. Nobody I knew could ride through the patches on 207's (at least not quickly), but everybody could do it on Michelins. We found the same thing at other tracks - the Michelins always stuck better and were far less sensitive to track problems. These were all race compound, so take it for waht it is worth.

2) I had an F4 for a year and the stock 207's really never made me feel confident. They always felt vague and ready to slide. I've never felt that way with Michelins.

To me, 207's do, in fact, suck.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 10:52 AM   #59
skisurf2
Founding Member

Hey pretty good job, however I bought a 2001 CBR600f4i and they mounted battleaxx instead of pilots kind of pissed but hey.. Can you guys give some feed back on the suspension settings
skisurf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 11:16 AM   #60
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Re: reitteration

Smooth powerband my man! I loved that about my F3. I later found out mine was a CA F3 putting out 84hp at the rear wheel, with a slip on, a 97 model. I bought it NEW in Virginia, those bastards. Anyhow, my point is, the power delivery was so smooth, I could clutch them up, and balance it, and just cruise at the same speed forever, shift it, do whatever. I could wheelie like a machine on that F3, my gixxer I can shift 1,2,3 gear wheelies but can't ever get it comfortable, it's always under acceleration. The gixxer power is so horrible down low, and in mid range, that I can't even clutch them up with it most of the time, and if I do, it comes up to wildly usually.

Oh how I miss my wheelie machine

Rob