Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-14-2001, 03:40 AM   #31
geekotheweek
Founding Member

Default Re: off-topic:MO for a fee == Pay us to insult you?

Actually the writing is some of the best I've seen. Ranked them the way the readers wanted (streetable), read between the lines and still let the racer wannabes know which bike was the best for the track, and just irreverent enough to keep a smile on my face the whole way through.

And that little sidebar on the 207's was interesting. I didn't like them, but figured that was just me.

Keep it up.
geekotheweek is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2001, 03:46 AM   #32
rooster
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 World Supersport Shootout

Hey MO, where's my full-screen 1600x1200 hi-res wallpapers from your test?

- oh, the article? Pretty good, love the captions and your insults, those other guys must be insecure. Too bad about the Ducati, but really, even the racing community recognizes that it is woefully underpowered; but then again it is only a twin, and twins usually compete against fours of lesser displacement. It does serve as good measurement of how impressive the current Japanese four cyliner 600's are though. Thanks for all your hard work, next time let me know if you need a hand!
rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 03:53 AM   #33
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Geez, with all the rectal references, expulsion exclamations, and flatulance phrasing of Rolands' opinions, maybe you guys should re-nickname him: Roland "sh*t-lever" Sands!!!
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 03:55 AM   #34
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default childish

Buddy, your bike is great. They said, track bike, it's best, bar none. I have a gixxer750 and it's hell on my back, wrists, pegs are to high for someone that is 6 foot, etc. It rides on rails, has crazy power, but for what? I'm 23 by the way, so not some old fart. I love the bike, but I realize how impractical it is.

Realize that every bike is good for different things, and just enjoy your bike bud!
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 05:04 AM   #35
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default I disagree

A few years ago I agreed, but that was when I had an F3. I have a GSX-R 750 now, and I ride a lot, and my back and legs are always aching these days. There is a difference between just being a bit more rider friendly, and a sport tourer Baker. An F4i is not going to sacrifice performance for a bit less uncomfortable position. These tests have all shown that it is just as race ready as the rest, it might just take a bit more tweaking out of the box. As for the street, there are more bumps in the twisties, etc, so you are not going to want a race prepped street setting.

I understand just trying to stir people up, but then you go and say something silly at the end.

Rob
Old 02-14-2001, 05:07 AM   #36
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default I see

I can't vouch for the 600, but from all I hear, it's uncomfortable like the 750. Mine is a 97. Maybe some of it has to do with height. I'm 6 foot, so that could explain my more hindered riding position, any thoughts on this MO? especially Brent since you said you have wrist problems?

Rob
Old 02-14-2001, 05:09 AM   #37
MrCrash907
Founding Member

Keep Roland coming back and I will pay the $12 a year. His analogy between the 748's performance and having the squirts is probably the funniest thing I've read in years.
MrCrash907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 05:56 AM   #38
hawker
Founding Member

Default Re: off-topic:MO for a fee == Pay us to insult you?

Go read MotorcycleWorld, you lilly-livered overly sensitive parlor pansy - right after you learn to spell "genious". I'm sooo sick of this "you insulted me" pewling that goes on over and over again whenever anyone even attempts to do anything remotely funny. Granted, potty humor isn't trying very hard, but at least it's not the usual CycleWorld "this bike is so brilliant" tripe stew.

We've enough industry-butt-kissing, ravingly sycophantic motorcycle mags here in the states, and on the web, already.

The more MO gets attitude, the more I'm ready to throw down a subscription fee. I couldn't give a fart in a high wind which 600 hyper-bike all the frat boy wannabees will be killing themselves on this spring. What, like you can't go down the corner to the local Stop-N-Rob and pick up 3 or 4 in print?

I'd ten times rather see a supermotard shootout, but at least MO's made what they did write entertaining enough to be worth my time reading.

Far as I'm concerned, I hope that this article is a harbinger of things to come. Not quite as out-there with the ape-faced hooligan-ery as Performance Bikes, but getting there.

Keep it up MO - you're headed in the right direction!
hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 06:03 AM   #39
BBD_Racing
Founding Member

Definitely keep Roland, but get him drunk and happy and turn off the Beck. He's been funnier.

Uh, where are the lap times? How about actual measured weights (the manufacturer's dry weights are sooo bogus).

Great captions, need better pictures.

Keep up the good work.

I know it is asking a lot, but a follow-up riding some track prepped bikes would be really cool. Basic club racer supersport prep (Sharkskinz, shock, Gold Valve, ss brake lines, EBC HH's, etc.). I'm hoping to get back into roadracing in 02, so I'd be buying a 600 in late 01 and be interested in what a prep job does to each of 'em.
BBD_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 06:27 AM   #40
djGSXR
Founding Member

LOL! I read somewhere that Eskimos have 28 words to describe 'snow'; Roland apparently has an equal arsenal (pun intended) to describe the workings of his intestines and rectum.

To all of those who this reference offended, perhaps it's time to trade your sportbike in on a cuiser. Lighten up.

BUT, where are the dragstrip times???
djGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote