Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-13-2001, 04:44 PM   #21
pistonbroke
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 World Supersport Shootout

Head **** Rolands' best effort is to compare motorcycles to different types of excretia, and you all really expect that folks will be willing to pay money for your service?? Why is it that what goes down the toilet is such a major factor in so many peoples lives these days...it really is boring in case you didn't know yet.
pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2001, 05:44 PM   #22
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default BAH I say, Roland should NOT change a thing

Roland has had me and others cracking up for years. He always comes up with some hilarious way to describe things, and it made me laugh out loud a few times reading his response just now.

I guess "different strokes for different folks" really applies here MO. I know you all get a ton of criticism, but I don't think it's any more than people whine about print mags. The real problem is, you all have a forum. Only the most seriously pissed off people take the time to write a letter, fax, or email their rant to the moto mags, and then, the mags only put a few letters in.

So my point is, guess what folks, everyone won't be happy, realize that. I find it hilarious that the things you are being uptight about and complaining, are what "made" the article for me, so, ever hear of accepting something for what it's worth?

Rob
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 05:47 PM   #23
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default That through me a bit also, bad wording perhaps? (nt)

RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 05:55 PM   #24
wwalkersd
Founding Member

Hmm, it says "First Place: Yamaha YZF-R6". And then in the conclusion it says "...there's definitely a clear-cut winner -- and that'd be the Honda". Did the rankings change at the last minute and the final update not make it into the copy, or is this a ploy to allow both advertisers, er, makers to claim they were rated "best" by Motorcycle Online, as Kawi does in their ads for the ZX-6R? Hey, looka that Honda ad right up there at the top of the page!

OK, I know, we're impossible. We want objectivity and we want it for free. Well, you're still the best mag online, anyway.
wwalkersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 07:40 PM   #25
EatenByAGrue
Founding Member

Ok this caption rox:

Yes, in fact, we ARE shockingly immature. So screw you. Wheelies are cool and we'll do them whenever we want. We rule. But they're illegal on the street, so don't go blaming us if you break your neck. We can't help it if you long to be us

nuf said.
EatenByAGrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 08:05 PM   #26
badsac
Founding Member

Default Vidoes

Now that I've finally got me DivX going, will there be any more videos coming from the test, other than the two already posted?

Good test, bye the way. Thanks.
badsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 08:30 PM   #27
blip
Founding Member

Default Re: Vidoes

Yes, there's four more that I haven't had the chance to post, rather, I haven't converted them do DivX nor posted them.

Some will trickle in manana...
blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 01:05 AM   #28
kwh
Founding Member

Default Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if the UK magazines say that the Suzuki is best, it must be... err...

What's wrong with the Suzuki? Same as is wrong with every Suzuki - build quality sucks, for a start. Plus it's completely user-unfriendly for everything except balls-to-the-wall head-banging. Which is nice if you live halfway up your favourite canyon or outside the gates of your favourite racetrack, but gets distinctly unpalatable if you live more than 20 minutes ride away from either...

Chris Walker, ex-Suzuki GSXR BSB pilot and last year's British Superbike Championship runner-up was lapping only a second or two off the WSS lap record for the track at the press launch, on the bog stock road bike FFS. This impressed all the UK journos a hell of a lot, quite understandably, but Chris Walker is outrageously talented (which is why he is in 500 GP this year), and any bike that can do /that/ out of the box is always going to be a total nightmare trickling through traffic in the pouring rain...
Old 02-14-2001, 01:54 AM   #29
Chester
Founding Member

Great write up, I especially like Mr. Sands comments about , its nice to see someone with a sense of humor in this land of TRUE AMERICAN BADASSes. Everyone that gets their panites in a wad about who won and who lost in this shootout, just go out and buy the one you think looks best, who cares. If you want something to make your ego feel inflated, forget bikes, go buy a giant super truck dually quad cab space shuttle transport thing, that will make you so tough you will never look at bikes again.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2001, 02:00 AM   #30
Chester
Founding Member

Default Re: BAH I say, Roland should NOT change a thing

No doubt Rob! I cant believe anyone is so uptight to gripe about Rolands comments, those were great comments. Some people live their lives being so serious about everything, it makes me wonder why or how such uptight people ride. You need to pass that corncob and join the real world.
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote