Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 03-26-2001, 03:12 AM   #121
chasj1
Founding Member

Default Uhhh....huh?

You obviously do not know much about motorcycles....or the English language and the invaluable gift of forming simple sentence structure! The 748 would never be an "open class" motorcycle based on the twin-cylinder design! Ducati does make the 996 you know! If allowed to race in the 600cc class in AMA(as in Europe)Ducati would probably have ANOTHER dominate race bike on their hands! The only positive thing about your comments is the fact you stated a Yamaha purchase. I hope you ride better than you write!!
chasj1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2001, 05:32 AM   #122
jonnyspeed
Founding Member

Default Re: 2001 World Supersport Shootout

Just to drop some info on you guys while I'm awaiting the 2nd half of the test.....According to Twobros.com using their slipon cans only will take the Gixer from a stock 103.9hp to 107.6hp - a gain of roughly 3.5%....While the ZX6R goes from a stock 98.9hp to 106.1hp a gain of roughly 7.3% with just a can....One might surmise that the Kawi's motor is not so inferior to the gixer's....but the stock exhaust apparently is... I own an 01 ZX6R and love it! The sound from the stock pipe is one of the best stock sounds I've heard (short of the '01 gixer 1000- WOW!). It seems that there is a restrictive piece in the midpipe that TwoBros recomends that you remove in the Kawi.... Probably part of the KLEEN system. Anyways just stickin' up for my ride! By the way...How is it that the Zx6 was pretty much Universally voted the best 600 for 2000 and now a lot of people want to relegate it to the scrap heap....PLEASE. Yes the competition is better this year but for the same reason the Zx6 was great last year make it great this year: Most comfortable, competitive on track, best on street, plenty of power...etc. -Just my 2 cents. Vote it 1st or last I don't care. I tried them all and the Kawi is best for me. I have the money to buy a open class bike or even a Ducati if I want, but The Zx6 is the best all around. I don't need need an extra 400cc to boost my ego "Ride what you like... just RIDE"
jonnyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 05:53 AM   #123
jonnyspeed
Founding Member

Default Re: GSXR600 vibration???

Ok..this is spooky... your username is Jhatfi...my name is Jon Hatfield...you are 5'10" and weigh 185....same here....and I agree with everything you said...I own an '01 ZX6R because I feel it is the best all around......were we seperated at birth?

-Jonnyspeed
jonnyspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 07:23 PM   #124
bobbastard
Founding Member

I thank you for finally answering the question buzzing around in my head.

R6 WOOOHOOOO
bobbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 09:39 PM   #125
sjk
Founding Member

Default Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes. i must agree. suzuki's must somehow be related to timex, cuz they last brother. i don't know where that guy got his information from, but he's obviously mistaken.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 09:49 PM   #126
sjk
Founding Member

Default Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but that's kind of what appeals about sportsbikes anyways, is there sexy, go-fast look that everybody likes...cuz damn if what you want is performance you'd get a friggin hayabusa and throw a turbo on it, not a 600. but that's just my 2 cents.
Old 06-03-2001, 09:56 PM   #127
sjk
Founding Member

that's true. it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to compare a sport bike to a cruiser now does it? that's not what they were made for. they were made to go fast. if you're looking for all the qualities of a "standard" bike, than that's what you should buy.

i mean come on. it seems a little redundant to mention this but that's why these motorcycles are called "sport bikes", because they were made to race, not to make your ass feel like you spent the last five hours having your local swedish massuese do her thing on your john brown hind pots, so don't expect it. end of story.

my 2 cents
Old 06-03-2001, 09:59 PM   #128
sjk
Founding Member

Default Re: I disagree

actually it does make a difference, that's why the engineers designed it that way. if you want a bike to be more comfortable, without giving up performance, buy a naked streetbike. that's what you're describing.

my 2 cents