Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-12-2006, 07:52 PM   #51
johnnyb
Founding Member

Default Re: 2006 Honda CBR1000RR

Oi, Sean what size helmet are u up to these daze man? XXXXXXXXXXXXL? or XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2006, 08:40 PM   #52
teknoman
Founding Member

Default Re: And another thing...

Seems to me that they had a nice bike,the'05 that was stable ,secure,nice hesd,and that could be ridden .So now we get a bike that is 17lbs lighter,abut 17lbs more dangerous,As for Sean"butt puckering",no offense to others riding skills,but go back and see Sean "hockey pucking" the new R-1 in a photo .I,m not downing anyone,I,mjust saying that Sean has MAJOR SKILLS, and the pictures to back it up.Listen to what the man says,he rode it ,you did not.
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:13 AM   #53
Anti-ChickenStrip
Founding Member

Default Shop elsewhere for

Sounds like the new Honda demands respect and Sean learned that first hand when the one-time workhorse came out of the R&D stable as a thoroughbred. In general, perhaps the time-honored practice of damning with everyman praise while another manufacturer walks away with the shootout/race victory may be a thing of the past for the CBR.

Honda did exactly what it needed to do to get back in the ZX/GSXR hunt. While I guess there is a certain degree of nobility in Sean's comments about the new bike being less everyman-friendly, I don't think buying decisions in this class are made based on user friendliness. Races and shootouts are won with performance that will render newbies in a body cast or worse. Should Honda be happy as the GSXR and ZX-10's beeotch? Nope. This bike seeks to put Big red back on the podium and it just may do that. If that proves to be the case, the bike is a success.

Could 95% of the street riding public be perfectly content with the performance of a liter class naked bike? Yes. Will they buy said nakeds in droves because they really are the best match for their skill set and offer all the performance you need for responsible use on the street? Not a chance.

Wannabes buy because only the best will do to populate their imagination/pants and the racer wants what will give them the best raw materials for winning. Everyone else sees through the fog and buys the bike that's best for them based on their own criteria...and that's why every brand is represented on the street while Suzuki runs "Own the Racetrack" advertising.

Anti-ChickenStrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:21 AM   #54
johnnyb
Founding Member

top 5 "fastest journalist" is that like smartest kid on short bus? Ooooo i cracking self up... are there any fast journalists besides Canet? and DC is gray-haired old man on cruise control with wife an kidz.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:42 AM   #55
Haird
Founding Member

Certainly few as quick triggered as yourself.
Haird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #56
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default He Asked.

I guess all that really matters is that I'm significantly faster than the Great Johnny B.

Since I have that one in the bag, I guess I can just cruise through life enjoying the MO lifestyle, while you're busy banging your head against the wall at some AD agency.

-Sean
Old 02-13-2006, 01:06 PM   #57
red-silver
Founding Member

Default Geez... Technoman....

I'd already posted my apology and mea culpa before your post. You must not have read to the end before posting your comment.

On another note: I Just read Alan Cathcart's review on the same bike. He also talks about the feeling of instability, and complains that the weight hasn't been dropped enough. Plus the lack of a slipper clutch still handicaps it against the competition.

Alan's reviews are similiar to Sean's, that is very accurate descriptions of how the thing behaves. You then figure out for yourself wether it's for you or not.
red-silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #58
johnnyb
Founding Member

YEEOOWW! yes i was always known for my blazing speed u hurt me there. i think i can type faster than u tho... MO lifestyle that is a good one. U getting paid now?
Old 02-13-2006, 03:18 PM   #59
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Gettin paid? nah, but when she who must be obeyed is out of the office, I steal everything I can get my hands on. Works out to about what I was making as a stock broker, after I include my ad commissions.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:32 PM   #60
johnnyb
Founding Member

well i couldn't be more proud that sounds like a great system. Congrats and Kudos...