Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-10-2006, 07:29 PM   #11
ajohn505
Founding Member

Default Re: 2006 Honda CBR1000RR

It's hilarious that MO alternates between chastising bikes for being too pokey on the track and chastising them for being too track oriented.

Perhaps the reviewers could get more predictable in their motorcycle desires?
ajohn505 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2006, 07:39 PM   #12
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Do you think it's possible that there might be a happy middle ground?

If so, wouldn't it be possible that the same tester could honestly find some bikes "too pokey" and some bikes "too track oriented"?

-Sean
Old 02-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #13
who_farted
Founding Member

Who cares really? Either you can ride the stonkin manliness out of the machine or you can't. I would liken the last interation of the 1000RR to that of a Chevrolet Camaro. I could push it really, really hard but when it let go it was a hand full to get back on top of. Looks like Honda has engineered more of the same. Mitsubishi made one hell of a car back in 1995. What relevence does this have? Maybe none, but if you look at their newest products compared to what they were putting out for the last few years it would seem that some of that old philosophy has been revisited. Honda could do the same. Honda no longer wins Gps, AMAs, or in the dirt at all. What has happened to the once all mighty giant? There is no Davey to cast blame upon. Honda is in trouble. The Bean Counters have it wrong. Honda lacks direction and neither Duhammel or Zemke are going to get them there. Honda abandonded their development riders years ago, beginning with Edwards and most recently with Rossi. It's time to swallow some pride boys. Suzuki is listening to Maladin and Hopkins, Yamaha hears you know who and Kawasaki has the very capable Nakano directing the necessary changes to their Japanese dream.

Honda's wrong, all wrong, and I feel confident saying this without having ridden the "all new 1000RR". I will put my 2002 998 on the line against any of you boys who think I may be wrong. Honda will have simpy missed it again but what do they care, the large conglomerate that they are. I'll be if any of you were to go racing tomorrow it would be on a Suzuki or Ducati 99 times out of 100. Honda, you have some catching up to do.
Big Bart was great and he knew it and everybody knew it. Even his farts were exceptional, louder than the dinner gong, and he was well hung. Big Bart\'s gig was to get the wagons through safely, score on the ladies, kill a few men and then head back for an
who_farted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:24 AM   #14
Mean
Registered Member

What's up with the 2nd video. It says 5.2 Mb but it only play 29 seconds.

I need more Sean time!!!

G
Mean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:36 AM   #15
earthspirit60
Registered Member

Fear not MO, you have done Honda a great service...the 19 year old with too much testosterone and cash to burn will now pounce on the Honda and its new found "Bad Boy" rep. No...the Honda is no longer gramps sportbike. There is a near-mint used 2005 on my dealers floor for $8000. It may be mine soon.
earthspirit60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:53 AM   #16
crosenfi
Founding Member

Default Re: And another thing...

Any squid could provide a self-aggrandizing account of how they just love the new "Extreme" Honda and how fast they can go on it.

It takes a responsible motorcycle journalist to describe how they almost looped a bike, and criticize a name like Honda, with the intent of preventing his (or her) readership from being misled into buying the wrong motorcycle.

-Carl
crosenfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:06 AM   #17
sarnali
Founding Member

Nice review Sean, it's good to be able to seperate your perception of how fast you personnaly can go on the track vs. how suitable this bike would be to the average streetbike buyer. Putting it in the perspective of a streetbike rather than a track bike makes a more usefull review and will probably help someone make a decision.

I think Yamaha started the less fairing trend on sportbikes with the R1 a few years ago, I like being able to see more of the motor
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:39 AM   #18
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Ram Air inlet has been moved to a hidden spot below the steering head, which gives the "failing" a slightly cleaner look

I thought the failing had a clean look as well.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:46 AM   #19
oldtim
Founding Member

Well, I got nothing here. I will never have one of these litre class sports bikes with my cc class riding skills but then I'll never have a new Enzo either but I still like seeing and having them in my world. I'm glad there are guys like Sean who can ride the crap out of them and let the rest of us know how they are. Sorta like ARS' Imaginary Lovers...
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:02 AM   #20
Fenton
Founding Member

I got $100 on Sean and the 1000RR.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote