Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 01-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #21
teknoman
Registered Member

Default Re: Now for the real test

Sorry,I had a bikegasm.Plus I work for the guvmint,so I have to hurry up in my typing
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2006, 12:05 PM   #22
nweaver
Founding Member

Default Re: What You've Been Waiting For!

Very good review. I'd still probably get the ER-6s, because I love the seating position + windscreen, but its good to see such close competitin.

Now the question:

Which would be better after SS brake lines and a trip to Aftershocks?

nweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:44 PM   #23
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Great review, thanks!

It about what I expected, a bit less than the SZ in performace, but not enough to make it an issue.

Montgomeryville Cycle Has the 650R for 5999. Which is the same price the have for an '06 SV650S and an '06 SV650 for 5499.

...problem is I'm buying a house in the next 12 month...and I want about 12 different bike right about now.

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #24
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Now for the real test

Not enough time to do it right, but plenty of time to do it over. That's how we do it here too!
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:20 PM   #25
Tigercub
Founding Member

Cool-Bichen! I've been waiting for a real 650 parallel twin since the '70s.

Do you think the aftermarket will provide a hardtail and extended forks or will I have to build those myself?
Old 01-25-2006, 01:26 PM   #26
DesertwolfZR7
Founding Member

What a great article. With my roomate having a 2003 SV (and me with a 2000 ZR-7) Another middle wieght in the mix cannot be bad.

The SV Is a nimble little minx willing to be pushed hard, and a nice little motor (lots of fun), but being older, dont care for the riding position, little to over for me.

Having set on the 650R, the egros make me feel more at home. It is considerably lighter than what I am used to. I am waiting to take it for a ride, to see how the motor is.

Now having said these things, I am no track rider. I get passed all the time up on ol 94 and palomar (when I feel the nerve to go up there) But even though I am not the fastest or the sickest, I still have alot of fun on the backroads. And on either of these bikes, you can probably have a lot of fun, and feel confident on them doing it. Not only ease of use is good for beginners, but it is a confort for older riders for commuting to work, or around town. I dont think you can go wrong on either of these.

(and to add the fact of the time I saw a dude on a beat up FZR 400 hand a couple of my friends thier asses on thier R6/CBR down by tecate..., but that is another story.. :>)

Rubber Down!!!
DesertwolfZR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:40 PM   #27
Tigercub
Founding Member

get passed all the time up on ol 94 and palomar (when I feel the nerve to go up there)

Racing on Palomar mtn is as stupid as it gets. Anyone who says otherwise is lucky or not that stupid.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:13 PM   #28
MOwings
Founding Member

Thanks for the first US test of the ninja. Gotta love the internet. Being a Kawasaki fan my whole life I would probably take the ninja, but have always wanted to try an SV too. I would go for the naked SV and get a cool windscreen for it though. If I wanted a racebike I'd be looking at the new GSXR600. Having owned the 87 and the 2005 250 ninjas and having ridden my brothers 500 extensively I can only imagine how good this bike must be. 250 ninja comfort with better than 500 ninja power. The seat could be a bit thicker but should do the job. Now if I can just score a demo ride on both of these. Tough choice. Oh, can we please have a dyno video? Or at least get to hear what these sound like at full song? The one video you did have was hilarious and why I keep subscribing.
MOwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:48 PM   #29
Gabe
Registered Member

Default I originally wrote 2003...

Which is true. Due to a mix-up it was changed to 2006. We'll change it back.

That would be big news! I think maybe next year.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:57 PM   #30
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

That video clip was too funny. If you didn't check it out, go back to the article. Do it NOW!
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote