Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-28-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
MRALLCAPS
Founding Member

Default WHAT'Z DIS THING FOR, ANYWAY?

IT LOOKZ TOO HEAVY TO WHEELIE! THERE'Z NO FAIRING ANYWHERE! MY COUSINZ DON'T HAVE ONE!

FIRST POST, BI-ATCHEZ!
MRALLCAPS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2005, 10:35 AM   #2
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: 2006 Star Stratoliner Press Introduction

Excellent article Gabe... Loved the agressive riding inset..

" gave it a try, remembering that according to riding gurus Keith Code and Lee Parks, hanging off a sportbike drops the center of gravity, allowing the bike to carry more speed while using less precious lean angle. "

I can see it now a "high performance" riding school for cruiser riders like longride and Buz..(GPTB)..Gabe you could be the next Keith Code.... Gabe "knee dragging cruiser guru" Ets-Hokin. Have the class in Vegas like Freddy and it will be a hit.

Ah the brochure copy that is going through my head "You will marvel as you see arm chaped clad cruiser riders dragging their knees" A knee puck that has leather fringe...The possibilites are endless....
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #3
FrankS1
Founding Member

Nice wite-up, Gabe! Yamaha has installed some nice touches with the lockable wind screen and trim applied with double sided tape. The lack of carrying volume seems to be the only real drawback, given that purchasers are not looking for real sportsbike performance. Somehow it seems a bit amiss to have a bike with luggage volume no greater than the engine displacement!

And a sort-of personal question: I know you are mostly a sporting style rider. Did you find it awkward to ride with the feet stretched forward? Related to that, did you miss being able to tell from the toe of your boot that you were getting close to the ground, rather than having the footboards scrape?
FrankS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:10 AM   #4
teknoman
Registered Member

Nice job,nice job.My wife just got me an H-D calendar.She must be trying to tell me something.Then again ,she also got herself a calender of chickens.I still cannot figure that out!
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:20 PM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Considering my floorboards are nicely beveled and your Ninja has a dead battery from inactivity, you might want to rethink that statement.

Of course that might be asking too much since you never really think before you make any statement.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:08 PM   #6
Fenton
Founding Member

Thanks Gabe, I was able to sit on the new base model the other day. I was very impressed with the way the bike fit me. Being 6'3" I find just about anything with floorboards can be a bit cramped. Not so on the Yama...ooops, Star.

I'm guilty of being a sucker for the HD marketing, I still would love to have a roadking. However, given the hard facts, the star makes a good argument for a "better mouse trap"

Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:26 PM   #7
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Been busy kicking some Airbus butt Installed new connection/sockets for electric vest, battery tender, and laser jammer/radar detector. Back in the saddle tomorrow after I get a new back tire (too many burnouts at the Burger barn (XXX drive in Issaquah))...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #8
cheapbastard
Founding Member

...cruising....cruiser....out cruising....it all seems so homosexual,.... it must be, why else would someone need to rest their ass that long while " riding", think I'll leave the cruising to the cruiser set.... blechhhhh puuuuuke.
cheapbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:48 PM   #9
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

POS
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:05 PM   #10
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I bet he couldn't have caught us on the little romp we took when we went out. He's obviously diluded himself into thinking he is a real motorcyclist. He confuses ownership with skill. Since nobody has ever seen his face or ridden with him, all those big words ring hollow.