Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-28-2005, 01:13 PM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: 2006 Star Stratoliner Press Introduction

She wants you to buy her a chicken dinner and get yourself an HD so she can go riding with you after dinner. Does she have to spell it out for you???

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2005, 01:13 PM   #12
phixer
Registered Member

HMMMM, Another glowing review of a Yamaha product... Sounds like some magizine writers are getting swayed towards a certain brand...Can you say free sushi...
phixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:37 PM   #13
clively
Founding Member

I think she has a fettish for Foghorn Leghorn. Go by a Harley, put on some chaps, and meet her after work saying, "I say there, I say, you wanna go for a ride"

clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:57 PM   #14
DragonF6
Registered Member

Are you familiar with the word "homophobia?"

I take from your not understanding why "someone would need to rest their ass that long while riding" that your idea of "riding" is to go flat out stoplight to stoplight, or bar to bar, putting maybe 1,000 miles a year on a bike. Real bikers ride long distances and explore the country, like the horsemen that settled the west. I'd rather be that guy than a "punk on a rocket".

DragonF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:21 PM   #15
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Sort-of-Personal!

Actually, it's a lot less personal than the sort of questioning I get sometimes!

Hopping onto a cruiser from a sportbike or a standard is really weird. It almost feels like a different sort of vehicle. A lot of the stuff Lee taught us in the class we took in Pheonix (see my Lee Parks story here: http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcgabe/...fe/index.motml) doesn't apply with cruisers, so you have to improvise ro just ride really slow.

I always pull my toe up onto the footpeg when cornering (like Lee told you to do, ahem!), so I don't gauge available ground clearance with my toe- rather, I do that with my knee! On the street, it's usually not an issue, sportbike or standard. I actually stick my toe out a little over the floorboards on a cruiser so I can predict scraping that way.

Have a great New Year, Frank! I hope the snow isn't too deep up there, unless you're snowmobiling!

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:37 PM   #16
Gabe
Registered Member

Default Oh, man! This again!

There's no pleasing some of you guys! Sure, we've done four glowing Yamaha reviews in a row...but three were for the SAME product-- the Roadliner intro, the "Three R" comparo (with the Roadliner again!) and this one.

As for the R6 before it, well, it's a really good motorcycle. It was top pick for plenty of other magazines.

We've reviewed over 70 motorcycles this year. Most of them we've liked! Some we didn't. It shouldn't seem strange when we like four bikes in a row from the same brand- there's only six brands we spend 95% of our time on (and that represent 97% of sales nationally.)

By the way, we didn't report very favorably on the Triumph Rocket III, but they advertise on this site. So does Ducati.

Just because a brand does well four tests in a row doesn't mean they have a "special relationship" with us. If I was a sports reporter and I reported the Dolphins won four games in a row would that mean the Dolphins were giving us free celebrity rub-downs in the Dolphin's locker room?

If the test was for some of Yamaha's not-so-good bikes, like the YZF600R (which was last in our Value Supersport story), or the V-star 650 (yich!), they wouldn't have come out on top.

Just a guy in the ether...
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:51 PM   #17
fl34
Founding Member

Who are calling a practical-minded drudge?
fl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:29 PM   #18
macmanjim
Founding Member

Not only that, but a Concours offers better performance than the $16K, 750Lbs chrome boat anchor. For the same money you can get a real touring bike like the Venture or get a R1200RT for a little more. WTF. It's not worth $16K, at least not for me. I guess TC types must have a ton of disposable income. That being said, I'll take the Concours.

2009 R1200RT

My Motorrad
macmanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:48 PM   #19
naco_traficante
Registered Member

Default Re: WHAT'Z DIS THING FOR, ANYWAY?

There seems to be a lot of mean-spirited moderation of first-posters around here lately. Personally, I would have selected "DISEMBODIED" but it does not appear in the drop-down list.

naco_traficante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:46 PM   #20
Airfiddler
Founding Member

Probabily wears bell bottoms, and has a ducktail haircut.
Airfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote