Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-27-2005, 03:27 AM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Central Cali Coasting

Where would you like to see written about?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2005, 04:37 AM   #12
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

I see that you snapped a picture of Longrider sun bathing on the beach.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:40 AM   #13
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

You hit the nail on the head there dingo.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:44 AM   #14
svo68
Registered Member

I can tell you of good places in Western NC, East Tennessee, and North Georgia. Where are you located?

There is a left (coast) leaning bias on this site. I think CNN runs the place. It's a conspiracy!

South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia would be nice.
svo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 04:53 AM   #15
bmwdude
Founding Member

If ya'all feel like a real adventure, bring a camera and stop by West Virginia when the weather breaks in the spring. I'd be more than happy to play guide for fine folks from MO.

We have some of the best twisties I've ever found right here in my back yard. The views aren't too bad either.

Think it over, I promise you'll have a great time and come home with a good story.
bmwdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 05:13 AM   #16
Fenton
Founding Member

Have you missed the rides in other locations? Here's is an idea, get a pen and a notebook, pick up a nice camera and contribute.

I'm willing to bet that MO would love to receive a well written and photographed piece on a subscribers "part of the country."

BTW, check out the calendar and the location of the MO headquarters. Maybe renting a bike in Florida and trailering it to Georgia to find a turn would be an interesting article.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:19 AM   #17
svo68
Registered Member

Using your logic, am I to assume that only people from CA should bother to join?

svo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:30 AM   #18
crevans
Founding Member

Don't tour much do you? I'm also in the SE, but hey, that's what saddlebags are for.

Will your bike explode if you leave the SE? Is it going to catch fire riding across Texas? Will the engine not run in New Mexico? Arizona? California?

As gorgeous as the SE is, especially Appalachia, you're missing out on alot if you've never crossed the country on a bike. You don't need a "touring" bike either. The limits are in your head.

crevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:37 AM   #19
prfssr
Founding Member

I notice you have a photograph of a neon sign advertising Jocko's (in Nipomo), but no description. For those who don't know it, Jocko's is the best steakhouse in Central California. They cure and cut their own beef. They guarantee every steak is between 18 and 22 oz. The most expensive dinner is $30 for filet mignon. Nothing fancy, just steak, salad, beans, and dessert. For an additonal $6 you can get a second setup, so for $36 you can have a most delicious filet mignon dinner for two. It's always crowded (I last stopped by on a Wed eve driving home to Monterey), but you can get food to go.

Jocko's is in Nipomo. The easiest way to get there is to take the Tefft St. offramp from Hwy 101 (that's the main Nipomo offramp). Go east a little more than a mile. It will be a nothing-to-look-at white brick building on your left at an intersection with a stoplight. The side of the building says "****tails". The sign on the front says "Come on in and monkey around". I understand there is also a Little Jocko's hamburger stand closer in to town, but I was not aware of it, and so I have not seen it.

If you need more information, you can do a Google search on "Jocko's Nipomo".

Try it; you won't regret it.

prfssr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 08:37 AM   #20
12er
Founding Member

We make our yearly ride down there to unwind in early october. The walking path along moonstone has some of the fattest almost tame squirrels you will ever see. Quite funny looking little creatures, mini elephant seals with fluffy tales. Sea Otters are often seen bobbing about right off shore.

The seafood joint on moonstone isnt bad and we have always had excellent service. Little spendy but worth it for the sunset view while sitting outside. It gets a little chilly and they have free standing skull burners and blankets to keep you nice and toasty while enjoying your meal.

Hearst Castle is always a nice tour, though we have yet to book the limited evening tour where the guides dress in period attire, though thats probably on the list for next years trip down. Tour #2 is about my favorite, checking out upstairs of Casa Grande and WRH's personal space. All in all if you find yourself on the central Cali coast, San Simeon / Cambria area is a must stop.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote