Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Rant: Put a Cork In It! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/3196-rant-put-cork.html)

speedfreak7878 12-20-2005 02:28 PM

Re: Rant: Put a Cork In It!

amen bro

tokoloshgolem 12-20-2005 03:23 PM

Wow - about a 9 on the tension scale!

Actually I kind of agree with you. In my own personal opinion, I do think that there are some bikes that are too loud but what really concerns me is the growing opinion that motorcyclists need to apologise for existing. Don't split lanes, don't make too much noise, don't go too fast, don't forget to wear a helmet, etc. ad nauseum. This political correctness of sorts has crept into every aspect of personal freedoms nowdays. Gone are they days when you could blast down the freeway on a bike with straight pipes at 140 MPH wearing nothing but a thin coating of green jello.

I have been to Bankok in Thailand and the traffic is insane. The cars hardly move and little 100cc bikes piloted by kamikaze-like riders split lanes, ride against the traffic on the wrong side of the road and generally break every rule in our books (except noise) but nobody there criticises them for it.

I am shopping for a new bike at the moment and you can bet that it will have a very noticeable exhaust note (either standard or due to an aftermarket can) because being heard can save your skin.

roadpilot 12-20-2005 03:59 PM

Re: A Different Take: By Analogy

NASCAR Nation causes pity. Why would an organization try to cause people to watch cages go around one big circle (and call it five turns) for several hours at a time?

roadpilot 12-20-2005 04:01 PM

Re: A Different Take: By Analogy

Why would I turn on the TV for that? My wife's cats run around in circles all the time, and they don't have loud pipes.

roadpilot 12-20-2005 04:11 PM

You can't put a cork in a migrain! Loud pipes may have saved you but many a time, but they've done a number on your brain. Go crush your arm.

DragonF6 12-20-2005 04:21 PM

Re: What a bunch of ...

"virile"?

You don't know the meaning of the word son. A REAL man does not need to prove anything or draw attention to himself. You are making up in the volume of your pipes, what you most likely lack in cahones. You are a living advertisement that reinforces negative stereotypes about bikers. Grow up!

ebass 12-20-2005 05:45 PM

Re: What a bunch of ...

You're right Drag, I don't know the meaning of the word "virile", but it just sounded so good when used in the sentence, "God Eric, you're just so powerful, primal...VIRILE!" by the 19 year old booth bunny I hammered after the IMS Show last weekend that I've kind of grown fond of using it lately. So um, what exactly DOES "virile" mean anyway, and praytell what are these "cahones" things that I seemingly lack, Pops?

negative stereotypically yours,

EBass

Fenton 12-20-2005 06:46 PM

uh, ...I'm a product of my environment, and the Tutles do it on TV. And they got their pictures on slurpee cups at 7-11.

Maybe I should order my Staintunes w/o the db eaters. I could get my own show and call it "American Chumper"

Z1chopper 12-20-2005 08:00 PM

I knew if I put that last little part about women it would bring out the whinners like you. Ashley's migrains are a medical problem and I hope she can find a solution for them. I know they can be very painful. And yes she is pretty. Yes she can jump her bike up in the air. I don't like to see people jump there bikes way up high. They could get hurt. We should make some laws to protect her. She should only jump a foot and no higher. And I know when I go to dirt track races they can be very loud. We shouldn't let people go there and hurt their ears. We should make a law.

Cry me a river. I like Ashley and her ideas. But why can't I disagree?

Z1chopper 12-20-2005 08:52 PM

http://users.pandora.be/hans.spilliaert/500M.wmv

Thought I would just put this out there.

Speed is the killer.