Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #71
roadpilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Put a sock in it

loud pipes.
roadpilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2005, 01:10 PM   #72
roadpilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Put a sock in it

correction:

loud pipes?
roadpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:21 PM   #73
gas_pig
Founding Member

Default Re: Well let's see...

Ouch!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 01:33 PM   #74
Woody650
Founding Member

Default Re: I like quiet

trucks may make alot of noise, but they generally don't start up at 7am on a sunday morning in quiet, peaceful neighborhoods then set out to drive along winding roads set in quiet, peaceful canyons or mountains.
Woody650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:37 PM   #75
gas_pig
Founding Member

Please quit rubbing off on Buzglyd. This is the wrong type of forum for that sort of behavior.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:39 PM   #76
gas_pig
Founding Member

My cat. I think it was delivered by a mommy cat. I guess I can't be sure though, I was present when it occured.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:42 PM   #77
gas_pig
Founding Member

Default Re: A Different Take: By Analogy

Nascar Nation?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:42 PM   #78
sean11
Founding Member

Default Re: Rant: Put a Cork In It!

I love the mellow low rumble of a well tuned engine. i hate the Cannon fire of a passing harley with unbaffeled pipes. I like to preserve the hearng i have left, and that goes for loud radios as well. Your average uncorked harley will ping an ansi noise meter and do serious hearing damage in even one pass. I put a lot of money into my home stereo, i'd like to be able to enjoy it. in the end, it all comes back to respect for others. You see a lack of it in the way people drive and behave all the time. Lound pipes do lose rights, and hearing. Modified pipes are ok to a point, but some of these bikes make me think i am back in combat! Show some respect, will ya?!
sean11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #79
speedfreak7878
Founding Member

Ashley i disagree with you. First thing is maybe you have been in Thailand to long. I dont have loud pipes just to tee someone off. I have them because i like it. If someone is offended ,to bad,get over it already. Im not going to go through life tip toeing around so as not to upset anyone. And i really dont care one bit how some other country feels about us. Im fed up with people like you ,do this,dont do this, enough all ready. Now there are some bikes that are a little to loud for me,namely harley,and any honda cruser with aftermarket pipes. But hey thats there thing,if there happy with it then im happy for them. Lastly loud pipes have saved my butt many a time. So no Ashley,you put a cork in it. Wow,i feel so much better.
speedfreak7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:27 PM   #80
speedfreak7878
Founding Member

Gee Frank,what awsome power you have. You can be coming up on another motorcyclist and tell if there A REAL MOTORCYCLIST. The REAL mofo waves because he dont care what you ride ,just that you ride.
speedfreak7878 is offline   Reply With Quote