Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-17-2005, 02:36 PM   #51
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Kerry Sticker

First, he ain't my man, and second, you just can't admit your man lost.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2005, 03:58 PM   #52
sarnali
Founding Member

Having your brother call off the recounts when it looks like you're loosing certainly didn't hurt.

All them black folks would have voted for Bush anyway so no need for them to be allowed to vote.

Yesssirree, Bush stole that election fair and square ga'dammit
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:12 PM   #53
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Ever wonder how the Democrats have rich white guys elected year after year, while the majority of their support is non-white voters? How does Mayor Daley win by a landslide every year, and went unchallenged last election when only 30 % of the city is white? They are masters at suppressing black voters. Of course the Dems wanted a recount. They didn't count all the dead voters yet. If they get Daley down there, Kerry wins by a landslide. The city had a union election here, and they called it off after they counted more votes than members. The dems have NO right crying about stolen elections with their history.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:00 PM   #54
mikenomad
Founding Member

But it is a motorcycle magazine staffed by professional motojournalists who, it is assumed, did at one time or another take a few English grammar and composition courses.

Although the level of literacy in this country has declined to a depressing degree, one would hope that people who write for a living might have a better grasp of the language than the average Internet-addled dope.

Or at least you might consider hiring a copyeditor to clean up little messes like the following from the "Time Savers or Trouble Makers?" article:

"Designed to give the rider's throttle hand a place to take a brake via the heel of the palm..."

"With a sigh of disappointment you consign yourself to the fact..."

No, the world isn't going to come to an end because stupid mistakes like this show up in your publication. And it may be that many of your readers aren't literate enough to know the difference between break and brake or resign and consign, but as professional writers, you should take a little more pride in your work.
mikenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 09:39 PM   #55
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default longride picks a winner

Will longride admit in public he voted for W in 2 years ? I predict he won't. In fact I say he says he voted for Kerry to people he meets now.... 2000 dead $500 billion wasted.. Katrina drowning of 100s of blacks.....yep longride can pick a winner...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:34 AM   #56
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Kerry=less hurricanes

I missed Kerry's big push for new levies in LA. during his campaign.

Sbb, I truely hope you had been drinking when sat down at your computer to blame Bush for the lives lost as a result of Katrina. That has got to be the single most ignorant comment I have seen here in my 2 years.

You can reply with any far reaching stat you want, but the dumbass award has already been mailed.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 05:15 AM   #57
sliphorn
Registered Member

No kiddin'! And who did Al Gore have on board as his presidential campaign chairman? Yep, Mayor Daley's brother, William M. Daley. Coincidence? I don't think so. Big Al knew what the man was capable of. But apparently not capable enough.
sliphorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:10 AM   #58
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

Default Re: Well

When you ignorant dumbasses like longrider on the payroll you have to expect less than perfection.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:16 AM   #59
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Well

Coming form you, I take that as the highest complement!
Old 12-19-2005, 03:21 AM   #60
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Just the facts man, Just the facts

Bush Played Blacks Drowned

Bush officials laughed at a LSU professor who said that FEMA would have to evacuate at least 50,000 people.

Bush cut funding for Flood Prevention Projects

Bush backed Republicans blocked major Flood prevention projects which could of prevented the loss of billions and life

Bush depleted the Army Corp of Engineers (Iraq)

Bush appointed a cronie's friend a Horse Lawyer as the FEMA director. NO Experience in the field

sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote