Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-15-2005, 05:21 AM   #11
Rsduce
Registered Member

Default Re: In the Bag

Thanks Gabe! I was gonna spend another 100 bucks on my wife for xmas, but I think I will just buy myself a messenger bag instead!
Rsduce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2005, 05:29 AM   #12
sarnali
Founding Member

Are you kidding ? it's almost Christmas.......

He won't be back till the third or fourth of January
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:47 AM   #13
skulas
Registered Member

I've been using the Timbuk2 laptop messenger bag for a few months. It has been a great bag, carrying everything with ease. Only had one heavy rain with it and it kept everything dry. Not sure how long the strap adjuster will last, seems to slip when carrying the laptop. I usually keep it adjusted long enough to rest on the passenger seat.
skulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:42 AM   #14
staff
Registered Member

Default No different from wearing a backpack...

Wearing a back protector would mitigate that risk.
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:53 AM   #15
staff
Registered Member

Default Send it back!

Timbuk2 has good customer service and they handle all repairs in their factory/warehouse here in SF. I've never had my cambuckle slip in 5 years; yours is defective and should be replaced.
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:06 AM   #16
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Get a tank bag...

A tankbag on my little Triumph 600 causes annoying air flow over the tank at speed. There is a sort of low pressure created that tends to suck me down on the tank, which is just the opposite of what I want, which is a little pressure on my chest to hold me up and take a little pressure off my arms.

I've resorted to a rear carrier and tailbag, which is ugly, but then my bike is the Speed 4, so funky is the style.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 07:15 AM   #17
Tigercub
Founding Member

Interesting article. One of my kids found a single strap backpack that she thought was cool for a while. I got it just before it was split to pieces and have used it as a carrier bag on my old Brit bikes where there is almost no space to mount bags. It's much better than a backpack when I'm wearing my Kilmanjaro jacket, which has pads that make it near impossible to put on a backpack without dislocating a shoulder first. The drawback is the big wide padded strap (good) is held together with velcro (bad). That makes it very convenient to put on and take off, but makes me worry it will strip off and sail behind me into the jaws of traffic. I had my wife install a smaller strap to keep the bag from sliding around in front of me. It's not the best execution of a courier bag but definitely proves the concept and it was free. Now if I could just find out where my wife put it.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:56 AM   #18
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Excellent Article. Yep Backpacks are hard to get on and off with any protective motorcycle jacket. I have considered a tail bag but these messanger bags are an alternative I am going look at... I have a tank bag but it doesn't fit my laptop. Thanks for the excellent analysis Gabe.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:11 AM   #19
snowcrash
Founding Member

Try a Kriega rucksack , you can take it off with a gloved hand and it straps to your body across the front. Also has back protection in it. Looks like a parachute with the "harness" and rings & keeps the weight very close to your body and evenly distributed.

http://www.kriega.com/
snowcrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:29 AM   #20
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: No different from wearing a backpack...

Good point.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote