Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Longride's Southwest Romp (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/3172-longrides-southwest-romp.html)

FX1200 12-08-2005 04:03 PM

Re: Longride's Southwest Romp

Obyiously the best platform possible was used for his southwestern sojurn.

Harleys are built like locomotives and haul like them too.

I can only imagine how the owners of other marques must seethe with jealousy when they see a finely crafted Harley devouring the miles.

Oh, by the way, the TC-88 engines are 200,000 mile engines if you use synthetic oil .

sv1000rider 12-08-2005 04:08 PM

Beautiful scenery man! I'm VERY jealous but at least those of us currently snowed in can live vicariously thanks to you.

Fenton 12-08-2005 04:28 PM

Thanks Longride. I enjoyed every mile.

sportbikebandit 12-08-2005 05:06 PM

Beats Chicago huh!

Ronald Reagan once said about the Westerners vs the Midwesterners and Easterners "The lazy stayed home". Refering to the pioneer and adventure spirits of my ancestors who came west . Glad to see you get more than few blocks from the south side longride. Your pictures made me homesick. I love the SW Colorado. But the Pacific NW is just as grand in a different way. By the great story and nice photos...

Bheckel169 12-08-2005 06:57 PM

Oh I wish you would have told me you were headed for the Escalante Staircase, Bryce, Zions' etc.. I have a cabin just a few miles out of Escalante you could have stayed in. I could have shown you some rides that can lead out from this area that would have given you goosebumps; and I'm not talking about a scary proposition here. This is remarkable country and I've discovered some paved roads here that beg for a photographic journal. Next time you set out like this, give your MOFO's some heads up. I bet there are plenty of people who could make your trip even more memorable.

bheckel169

cls 12-09-2005 01:59 AM

Very nicely done. Great trip. Kudos!

scfrank 12-09-2005 03:16 AM

If I promise to write a story, can I fly out and borrow a bike ? I'll ride any 2500 miles you wish. Almost any bike, (no OCC).

SCFRANK

crevans 12-09-2005 03:50 AM

I-70!? When Highways 12 and 95 are right there? Err... wait nevermind, there's nothing to see on those roads - they're horrible.

Buzglyd 12-09-2005 03:50 AM

Good thing you didn't mention the carne asada meal we had or Sean would still be here!

The new sound system on the '06 Geezer Glide is the shiznit. I pirated longride's ride from him long enough to fiddle with all the different stations available. I use my Mp3 player on mine but for a two week ride XM is even better.

Holy_Kaw 12-09-2005 04:02 AM

Nice ride, thanks, congrats.