Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2005 Milan Motorcycle Show (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/3168-2005-milan-motorcycle-show.html)

skadamo 12-07-2005 04:55 AM

Re: 2005 Milan Motorcycle Show

Yeah, that is an interesting choice of name. Does it mean something different in Australia?

I like it though.

iamz 12-07-2005 05:19 AM

Go to bottom of page 3

oldtim 12-07-2005 05:47 AM

Is it just me or is anyone else becoming overwhelmed – sort of a techno-fatigue? Every year, there are more and better technical virtuosos, huge power levels that are virtually unusable on the street, and aesthetics that are often breathtaking. But those prices! Like I said, I am overwhelmed - like a hungry kid in a candy store. Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining. As I have said, this is the golden age of motorcycling. Ya know what? I think my next bike is going to be an old Kawasaki Z1900 or KZ 1000 and fix it up to suit myself. Even if I could afford a new bike, I son't think I could pick one...well maybe a new HD Superglide…no a Triumph 674…no a Yamaha FJR 1300…no a…ARGH!

bmwclay 12-07-2005 06:27 AM

Too bad about the Moto Guzzi tourer, I think it looks a little Buck Rodgerish........sort a like a ray gun. They might end up with another Edsel like their ill fated Quota. Maybe it will be better in person. All the other sport tourers will outpower it, out handle it and out convenience it. Guzzi will be left with two niche buyers in SoCal. That being said, I want one. Will compliment my LeMans.

longride 12-07-2005 06:54 AM

I want a Griso. That is one bad lookin Guzzi.

Anti-ChickenStrip 12-07-2005 07:02 AM

That new Duc hits the mark big time. I really like the Sport Classics design too. Looks like Peter T. is better with retro/minimalist design, but then I again, I kinda like the design of the Multistrada, so maybe I'm just nuts.

Hope they'll produce the Hypermoto, but think it may face stiff competition from the KTM Superduke (assuming that bike ever hits showroom floors in the US...sure it will). If Ducati put the 999 engine in the HM, it may just clean the SD's clock. At what price is another issue....

As has been said before, what a great time to be a motorcycle enthusiast.

Medusa 12-07-2005 07:10 AM

RE the FJR1300AS. How does Yamaha handle downshifts. Slipper clutch? No need to rev for downshifts?

Buzglyd 12-07-2005 07:55 AM

If it's anything like my car with BMWs SMG (Sequential Manual Gearbox), the computer will automatically blip the throttle when you toggle a downshift.

I've had tendonitis in my left elbow for two months now. That bike is starting to look better and better!

teknoman 12-07-2005 07:58 AM

Re: Go to bottom of page 3

Thank you sir!

sarnali 12-07-2005 08:08 AM

Lots of fun stuff to poke around on there, nice bikes too

You might want to sit on a Griso before you plunk down your cash. I checked one out at the IMS in Seattle and it's a cool looking bike, but high pegs and low seat might not work for you. The position is similar to a standard R1150R. My Dyna's the same way, but with highway pegs it works fine, I just use the mid-mounts in town.