Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 12-01-2005, 05:38 AM   #71
jeffs
Founding Member

Default Re: That's an awesome idea!

Their rates suck. If you're going to do it, get someone decent.
jeffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2005, 05:49 AM   #72
rob6118
Founding Member

Default R6 vs R1

So perhaps one of my fellow mofo's can address this question. I've had 3 bikes, a ex250, a '00 cbr600f4 race tuned, and now a 96 900rr race tuned. I got the 900 because my 600 was stolen and I wanted something to get me used to that litre bike feel before getting *hopefully* an R1.

So my question is how would the 900 fit in here. This review knocked the gixxer because it took more effort to go fast. I certainly understand that with my 900 (often derided as the pig of the group). How much easier is one of these new liter bikes going to be to throw around compared to my aging 9 year old? I definitely love the power of my 900 (which has been jetted, filtered, and hindle full exhaust) but if anything I want more. Not because I insist on breaking 200 mph, but because I do a lot of highway miles (200 a day) and I love doing them on a bike vs my truck. I definitely want the power of my 900 (maybe 10% more) but am I right about the handling being a lot better on the new liter bikes. That the new r1 will be pretty comparable to my solid but nimble 600f4?

If yall want to really give my monies worth for my whole 15 dollar subscription or so I'm volunteering my skills (haha), time, and 900rr for a r6 vs 900rr vs r1 comparison.
rob6118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:59 AM   #73
ValkBandit
Registered Member

Default Re: Best of the Best: 2005 R6 v. 2005 GSX-R1000

thanks for the test ... good stuff. and i appreciated the sidebar on the new dunlops.

out of curiosity ... how many miles of use can an aggressive street rider expect from these new tires on both the GSXR and the R6? thx in advance.
ValkBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:00 AM   #74
johnnyb
Founding Member

Aerohead we thought u were dead. That is another cool thing about the R6 it is actually pretty comfy did u not read that part of this thing? Used to be a favorite commuter back when I had to commute... with slightly more upright ergodromics yes.

johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:29 AM   #75
staff
Registered Member

Default So to clarify...

What this means: "I'd personally like to see a bunch of standards compared in the detail offered for the sport bikes".

Are you saying we should have included a Z750S to put up against the two sportbikes in the same test? Or that we just need to do more standard motorcycle reviews in general?

We do review standards in great detail. We usually don't do track tests because they often have suspension, ground clearance and tire issues that make track testing a bit dangerous. Here'sa pretty big review we did last year: http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mccompa...Mid_Standards/

Look for an "open sport-standard" review next year, plus middleweight standards. Don't forget to browse our review archives as well!

The "majority" of US riders ride standards and sportbikes for street triding, so that's what we cover. I also prefer standard motorcycles (maybe you've read this?: http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcgabe/...to/index.motml) and like to ride/review them.

For many years have journos predicted "the year of the standard", but it's always the same. Cruisers and sportbikes.
staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:33 AM   #76
staff
Registered Member

Default Think of someone else, then...

A company that has good rates and would want to futz with something like that.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:36 AM   #77
staff
Registered Member

Default HE SAYS IT'S STILL NO GOOD TO EAT

I even brought the pig to him for a circumcision and Hebrew lessons. He said that even if I taught the pig fluent Hebrew we still couldn't eat him. He then told me that even the most pious orthodox Jews aren't even kosher. Something to do with hooves and multiple stomachs. For some reason he said Zoroasters are OK (and delicious!).
Old 12-01-2005, 06:40 AM   #78
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I suppose if we were all 5'3" 135 lb liberals, we could all be as blissful as you commuting on an R6. I know it would be hard for a 'tolerant' guy like you to believe, but some of us would have a different view of the word 'comfortable'.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:00 AM   #79
johnnyb
Founding Member

What up Mussolini? I thought Sean said it was pretty comfy in there somewhere, no? He is XL also. U got Hayabusa right? R6 should fit you better than that thing. Stay the course!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:04 AM   #80
Ninjaguy
Founding Member

MO, please don't ever change. Loved Pete's "serious" commentary, then the breakaway to the beastly Yamaha and the daredevil 360s; what other publication/rider would have the guts to do that -- and then publish it???
You've got the best product on the market, and always will -- in the same way that you'll always have my subscription $s -- as long as you keep this up.
Bravo...
Ninjaguy is offline   Reply With Quote