Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-21-2005, 04:03 AM   #51
anrajala
Founding Member

Default Re: Orville oil

"Sorry hon, I just accidentally slipped half a bottle of pop corn oil into your 919, I hope you don´t mind". You know too much pot smoking is bad for lungs.

- cruiz-euro
anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2005, 04:10 AM   #52
pikehk
Founding Member

Default Re: Snake Oil, Revisited

see above post. 1000 miles isn't going to tell you anything. Get back to us when you've gone 100,000 miles on it.
pikehk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:45 AM   #53
oldtim
Founding Member

I only used one oil additive, Bardahl, and that was in my older truck. It actually did what it said and decreased oil leaking from worn front and rear main seals.
oldtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:52 AM   #54
electraglider_1997
Registered Member

I use this stuff called Snake Oil and not only does it reduce oil consumption, emissions, and increase horse power but by gosh it cures flatulence and halitosis.
electraglider_1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:40 AM   #55
teknoman
Registered Member

Default Re: Orville oil

Not as bad as you think.in chest magazine some yrs back they did a test of rastafarians who as you kniow smoke thier brains out. After 5 yrs of study, they only lost about 6% of the lung cpacity. yeah I know bob marley died of a braintumor,but the man was smoking a pound of weed a week! I guarantee you smoke a pound of anything you gonna feel it!
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:50 AM   #56
johnnyb
Founding Member

well u can't expect any of this stuff to work until you put in the Splitfire plugs. Makes your bike run like it's got the Premium in it.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 06:05 AM   #57
tg
Founding Member

Very interesting article, confirms what I have been suspecting for a long time...

One question though: I saw that on one of the pictures there are some Castrol bottles, surely they are not one of those companies selling these snake oil additives??
tg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 06:22 AM   #58
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Synthetic is better oil. Synthetc cost more. Seems thats all we really know. LOL
Old 11-21-2005, 07:26 AM   #59
Tigercub
Founding Member

If you want a fuel-injector cleaner, I've used a number of products and found the cheapest to work as good as any of them. It's some kind of petroleum product, diesel oil or something that seems to clean the injectors a bit. But, buy the cheapest stuff and I don't know how it works on bike injectors.

Octane boosters - I remember reading about MTBE in graduate school in the early '80s that was being tested by oil companies as a replacement for tetra-ethyl lead. We know the story on that one. There's another octane booster I haven't seen for a while. It's manganese di- cyclo pentane. That's not quite right, but it has two cyclo pentane rings complexed to manganese, a little similar to the lead complex. It really looked like it would work and I tried it when I could find it. There is really no use for those octane boosters anymore, although I continue to use them in my Meriden Triumph not because the engine knocks, but because I notice it runs a little smoother.

If you want higher octane, just buy race gas and mix it in with pump gas. I bought some 110octane race gas at a race track before riding my Triumph home a few years ago, but honestly didn't notice any difference, except that the stuff cost $5 per gallon when gas normally was about $1.25 a gallon.

All cars and bikes are designed to run on the currect available fuel and cheapest petroleum oil so there should be no reason to add anything to gas or oil.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 07:27 AM   #60
Tigercub
Founding Member

Same with Triumph 15W 50 oil - Mobile 1.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote