Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-09-2005, 09:43 AM   #1
SV650GLEN
Registered Member

Default Re: 2006 Honda Goldwing Review

First to Post. It will be interesting to see how it works in real life!

SV650 Glen

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2005, 09:55 AM   #2
SV650GLEN
Registered Member

I should have added "or death"

SV650 Glen
Old 11-09-2005, 09:55 AM   #3
SV650GLEN
Registered Member

I should have added "or death"

SV650 Glen
Old 11-09-2005, 09:59 AM   #4
Fenton
Founding Member

Maybe next year they will relaunch the prelude with handlebar controls and a foot shift.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:07 AM   #5
5valvethumper
Founding Member

Why do I get the feeling Honda is designing motorcycles that make nice headlines outside the motorcycle community, instead of better motorcycles. Airbags? c'mon. 800cc VTEC VFR vs. 1000cc VFR, please ditch the VTEC. Rune, Ruckus.... Technology for technology's sake is annoying and expensive. Look what the SV650 did for Suzuki. How about something that's fun, inexpensive, and just works? How about a street legal dual sport or dual sport tourer? Redesigned Super Hawk?? They aren't the the company they used to be.. Sorry to sound so grumpy, they just cease to amaze me.
5valvethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:14 AM   #6
bigjames
Premium Member

I'll stick with my K1200LT, my Electr Glide Classic and my ability to pay enough attention so that I don't rear end anyone. (and yes, if any of you remember, I had an idiot change lanes directly infont of me forcing me to throw away a perfectly good Harley {it was cheaper tio fix than I was} and breaking my knee cap, but I didn't rearend the accident leaving/causing *******. Thank God for the witnesses who hung around). Just think of what will happen when one of these go off accidently...
bigjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:16 AM   #7
ncelik
Registered Member

If you want to spend $20K on a Honda to travel as comfortable as possible, then get an Accord. It will do everything this bike does much better. If you want to sacrifice a bit of comfort for open-road feel, get a Mazda Miata.

I have never understood the purpose of luxo-tourers like this. To me these are bikes that have a personality disorder; they do not really want to be bikes. Motorcycles are not the most comfortable nor practical means of transportation. Trying to make them such is bound to produce an overpriced frankenbike which does not provide excitement nor practicality.

Which brings me to the fatal flaw of this bike: I could care less for it. It does not excite me, nor makes me wish to own it. It has as much motorcycle-appeal as the appliance-car it tries to emulate.

Of course, this is just my lonely opinion.
ncelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:25 AM   #8
teknoman
Registered Member

Might as well buy a car.Even their concept vehicle[which I personally will be produced as both of them the dn-01 and e4-01 have their own websites],the e4-01 has an airbag.Forgive my ignorance,but don,t motorcyles SLIDE ON THEIR SIDES when we crash!And I agree Honda dissappointed me this year with their lousy lineup.No cbf1000,no deauville.Come to think of it outside of a revamped xr 650 were there any new bikes from big red?
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:33 AM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Besides stuffing the airbag where the sun don't shine, I like it. I owned the previous generation Wing and put many miles on it. For those that put big miles on, there is nothing better.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #10
caderider
Registered Member

I have never understood the purpose of luxo-tourers like this. To me these are bikes that have a personality disorder; they do not really want to be bikes. Motorcycles are not the most comfortable nor practical means of transportation. Trying to make them such is bound to produce an overpriced frankenbike which does not provide excitement nor practicality.

Which brings me to the fatal flaw of this bike: I could care less for it. It does not excite me, nor makes me wish to own it. It has as much motorcycle-appeal as the appliance-car it tries to emulate.

Of course, this is just my lonely opinion.

___

To each his own. I, on the other hand, feel the same way towards other bikes - not all bikes mind you, just some - mostly sportbikes. It is why there are many different kind of bikes out there.

Mine does excite me and makes me wish to own it (as I do LOL). I am glad that you are able to express your opinion, and I will do the same - it's my bike, and I ride it because I like it, not because someone else likes (or doesn't like!) it.

Provides plenty of excitement and loads of practicality for me, so it would appear that we have 2 different styles of riding.

Thats what makes motorcycles great!