Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   2006 Honda Goldwing Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/3112-2006-honda-goldwing-review.html)

KRocket 11-09-2005 04:07 PM

Re: 2006 Honda Goldwing Review

I have to agree with you. I don't see Honda as being as innovative and savvy as some of the other manufacturers have been of late. What about that great V-Twin motor in the RC-51? That could be a great update to the Super Hawk. And yes, please lets go back to the gear driven cams on the VFR. That was one of the things that made it as great a bike as it was. Yamaha had something to celebrate this year it being their 50th anniversary and all and they have introduced some cutting edge models (new R6, MT-01, new Raptor 700 etc). It's barely status quo at Honda. Or are they just being polite and letting Yamaha have a turn at the front of the queue?

Haird 11-09-2005 04:08 PM

Yes, and it's not even a Harley.

Haird 11-09-2005 04:10 PM

And maybe on the space shuttle, too!

Airfiddler 11-09-2005 04:10 PM

Lets see.... 800+ lbs gasp !! just try and pick that sucker up. Airbag? I thought that belongs behind the rider. (did I really say that ?). And would you guys stop crapping all over the Vtec VFR. I have one and it's a great bike. It's comfortable (I'm 5"9" 150 lbs), fast enough to get me thrown in jail. and it's lots of fun to ride fast. I have nothing unfavourable to say about this bike, my 17th by the way. so there.

Haird 11-09-2005 04:16 PM

I've often wondered about that myself. Maybe I should trade my bike for a sack of subway tokens...which would also come in handy if I got jumped on the train. Yeah, that's the ticket.

sportbikebandit 11-09-2005 04:18 PM

"Lets see.... 800+ lbs gasp !! just try and pick that sucker up" I saw a MSF instructor demostrate how to do it with your back facing the bike with his legs (like a squat in weightlifiting). He was about 5' 7" 140 lbs He then tipped it over again and had a girl did it. I was suprised but with leverage and a healthy back rather legs it's possible. I should qualify this story that is was the last generation Wing not the current gen...:)

Haird 11-09-2005 04:20 PM

Well, fortunately a Wing can't really fall over thanks to the flat six, and even if it does, isn't there an optional power center stand, or am I confusing this with the K-LT?

sportbikebandit 11-09-2005 04:22 PM

Yep you hope when Congress approves the budget for the new shuttle that things like that won't be taken out of the budget. An engineer who said he worked on the original shuttle NA Rockwell proposal said an ejectable crew capusule was in the original design/proposal but due to the cost was taken out. Seems like a pretty stupid thing to have happened now doesn't it.

sportbikebandit 11-09-2005 04:23 PM

Yep you are right when the MSF instructor tipped his over it didn't go a full 90 degrees over...Good point.

mjs 11-09-2005 04:26 PM

comparing a goldwing to a miata is the dumbest thing that i have ever heard