Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-10-2005, 03:56 PM   #101
vcs700s
Founding Member

Default Sold my Gold Wing- Will Never Go Back!

I had a 1984 Gold Wing Aspencade. It had all the bells and whistles including the stereo with cassette and intercom etc. It weighed over 800 lbs. and was very smooth. Guess what? I sold it! I already have an '04 Honda Accord LX. When I ride a bike I discovered I don't want all the crap the cars have- the so called luxuries. I want a motorcycle that has some vibration, wind in the face, and is fun to ride. No more Gold Wing. I bought my first cruiser- an '04 Suzuki Volusia and I absolutely love it! I wish I would have bought a cruiser 10 years ago. It is more comfy, and alot more fun to ride.

The great thing about this discussion is that there are different bikes for different folks. Some people love their Gold Wings, and of course some sold theirs because they dropped $20K on a bike that overheated and had a cracked aluminum frame. Bummer!

If I want an air bag, I'll drive the Accord. I don't want one on a motorcycle. And yes I have driven the new Gold Wing- handles well, very fast, too quiet and heavier than a boat anchor!.

Oh, and by the way, I am 52 years old and a grandfather of 3 and will never have a teddy bear strapped to my bike! No way!!
vcs700s is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2005, 05:32 PM   #102
12er
Founding Member

Default Re: 2006 Honda Goldwing Review

You could easily buy 2 - 5 wings for the price of those chrome and candy abominations.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #103
12er
Founding Member

The LT has fins on the bags for dropping it. I found out when I didnt set the stand all the way forwards. It was pretty easy to right again.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:42 PM   #104
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default It's not thier necks!

Gee, Why am I not surprised?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:50 AM   #105
earthspirit60
Registered Member

Great...the gold wing has an air bag! It still weighs far too much. A real impressive "accessory" would be to drop 120+ lbs.

This would be easy to do. and it would be like an engine upgrade, brake improvement and suspension upgrade with nothing more done to the bike...oh, and LOSE THE STUPID AIRBAG and make ABS standard on all non-track bikes.

Is it not better to avoid and acident in the first place?

But not for Honda, as they seem to have lost their way.
earthspirit60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 02:59 AM   #106
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Have you actually...

Have you actually owned a Gold Wing, or even ridden one? Would love to know.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:00 AM   #107
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default That's why my other bike is a Buell

I hear what your saying, but my wife loves the wing. So what say's bike more then a Buell? It's very loud with my aftermarket pipes and it vibrates at idle and is very light and nible.

So... I have both.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:05 AM   #108
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Re: 2004 Goldwing for 5,338 miles now...

Let's see in answer to your question.

1. Because my wife won't ride on my Buell only the wing. I have almost 20,000 miles on my 2004 Buell which if you added to the Wing would be a total of 25,338 miles bike miles. I would rather be on the Buell any day.

2. I bought a left over 2004 model even though the 2005 models had been out some time because my wife and I loved the purple color which was not available in the 2005 model year. So I have only had the bike for a very short amount of time.

3. Honda kept my bike for over 2 months of the short time I have had the bike doing that stupid frame recall.

Hope this anwers your quetion.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:29 AM   #109
Fenton
Founding Member

At 6'3" my teeth may be the least of my worries in the elise. It is a tight fit.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:47 AM   #110
skeepee
Registered Member

I disagree. The Goldwing is built to a purpose: for rider and passenger to travel far, comfortably.

The typical SUV is a hyperbolic station wagon, and the Escalade is the blingy extreme. When's the last time you saw a 'Wing in a rap video?

skeepee is offline   Reply With Quote