Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 11-09-2005, 02:52 AM   #21
vinny666
Founding Member

Default Re: The Ride of a Lifetime: Beach's Alpine Adventure

Hey, it's funny reading about Johanniskreuz on an American website. The roads around it are one of my favorites; they're just four hours south from Amsterdam.

I thought the road restriction on the weekend was for all bikes, not just german ones. Otherwise, me and my dutch plates should be fine.

Next year I was planing to take my R1 to the Alps and the Dolomites, but maybe I should reconsider on the bike. I've done the Schwartwald and the Pyrenees on it, so I wonder how different the Alps are. Only one way to find out..

Vincent.

vinny666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2005, 12:09 PM   #22
jlwolff911@hotmail.c
Founding Member

No they just restrict it during the peak riding season which is April-Oct or when most Germans have bikes plated.
jlwolff911@hotmail.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:25 PM   #23
obandoj
Founding Member

That was a really good story Fred, as usual. I'm glad you are still doing your part to make MCN a sure hit every month. As far as monthly rags go, that is the best one.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:48 AM   #24
troli
Registered Member

Hello Fred. Thank you for a good article I have done the same trip two times and love it. I do come from Norway and in a way the roads up the coast in Norway is just as nice to do with motorcycle as the Alps. I love motocycle life and want to take the BIG trip from Argentine way up to Alaska russia China Mongolia to europe. Have bought me a russian URALwith sidecar for that trip. I am planning to do that trip in 07 and hope I dont meet any robbers and so on that trip.

best,,, john troli Norway
troli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 05:51 AM   #25
Ctchafire
Founding Member

After living and doing extensive bicycle touring in the French Alps, it was great to read an article complimenting just how accomodating the Europeans are of two-wheeled steeds, both human and combustion powered. My time in Europe is now 3 decades ago but am looking forward to multiple returns as my children marry and go off to college. I have been telliing people for years that for bicycling and motorcycling, there is nowhere like Europe. I currently reside in Tucson, AZ where there were 27 bicycling fatalities in the city limits last year. This is unheard of in Europe. I spent some time in Finland 3 years ago. There are actually four way intersections with no traffic controls. During my 5 week stay, there was not a single accident at the one right down the street from me and, as a cyclist, right of way was always given to me. Unreal! As a paramedic firefighter we respond to multiple motorcycle accidents that are not the stereotypical "young, white and drunk" types. The U.S. has no respect for those of us on two wheels. As a motorcyclist getting ready to come off a child-raising induced motorcycle hiatus(am currently shopping for a bike)all this runs through my mind on a daily basis. Frustrating, but am so excited about getting back into motoring that I bust into a cold sweat just looking at pictures!
Ctchafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:37 AM   #26
EricZZR
Registered Member

Did you think the GS was too large for the task?

I ride a 1200RT
EricZZR is offline   Reply With Quote