Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 02-02-2001, 01:53 PM   #11
jboyle
Founding Member

Default Re: Computer Controller Feedback

has anyone tried it with a wheel controller?? Granted, i'd imagine it would be like 'driving' a motorcycle, but if one had to choose between a joystick and a wheel, which one would you choose?
jboyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2001, 02:36 PM   #12
jrw600
Founding Member

I have ea sports 2000 for the pc. It is a great game. As far as controllers go I prefer to use the Joystick versus the steering wheel. It feels better to lean the bike(through thr stick )into the corners. With the steering wheel you end up driving the bike like a car.
jrw600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 04:21 PM   #13
huskerdu
Founding Member

Default Re: I don

motorsims
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 05:06 PM   #14
huskerdu
Founding Member

Default Re: HUSKERDU - Who makes AMA superbike game??????????

It's made by Motorsims. It has several US tracks but I can't remember them all. Mid Ohio, Sears Point, Road Atlanta.....

Graphics and options are good. You can set up suspension etc. Problem is that it just friggin hard to stay on the track. This was the first version and **I think** they may have improved it but I found it very hard to enjoy because it was just a to control. After a few laps I'd find myself taking joy in pulling wheelies and seeing how hard I could crash into a wall.

I'd like to try another game if anyone's got a recommendation.
huskerdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 05:19 PM   #15
beenjammin
Founding Member

I got mine for PlayStation yesterday. I've been trying it out with 'Castrol Honda Superbike Racing'.

I can't comment on the setup for PC's but after a bit of fooling around with the controller I got analog controls working on steering, throttle, and brake.

Unfortunately, the games controller setup wouldn't let me reverse left and right, so you end up steering rather than counter-steering, although you can set it up kind of low so you sort of push down to steer ...

The controller is adjustable in three positions for the angle to the base, also has three modes for digital/analog and 6 settings for steering sensitivity (which make a VERY pronounced difference from least to greatest, so you can tune this to your preference). Also it has really cool lights that light up sort of like an analog tach corresponding to throttle position.

I'm not real thrilled with the playability of Castrol Honda, which makes it hard to give an in-depth review of the controller, but I may try picking up something else this weekend and see how it works. Can anyone recommend good PlayStation moto-sim ? Especially one that you know allows you to reverse left and right so I can counter-steer all day ?

I ordered mine of www.ducati.it late last Friday night (early Saturday in Italy) and received mine by DHL on Wednesday. 60.95 Euro + 12.95 shipping. (Or $57.02 + $12.15 shipping).

beenjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 06:54 PM   #16
JoeB
Founding Member

I have not tried SBK 2001 with a wheel. I'm using a Microsoft Freestyle Pro, which is a motion sensing controller, it works very good.
JoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 11:00 PM   #17
DrillAlaskaDeep
Founding Member

I never met a gaming dweeb that could ride a bike worth a damn.
DrillAlaskaDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 04:48 AM   #18
Blueyzfr6
Founding Member

Default Force feedback or handlebars

Which would you choose
Blueyzfr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2001, 08:20 AM   #19
jimngo
Founding Member

I've never met a squid who could play worth a damn either. So what's your point?
jimngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 11:17 AM   #20
Roach
Founding Member

Default That's odd...

I won two WERA regional championships this year, and I play computer games.

How many did you win?

- Brian Roach #699

2000 WERA Mid-Atlantic D-Superbike & Formula-2 Champion
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote