Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-25-2005, 06:49 AM   #11
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Dirty's Playbike -- The DRZ 400 SM

Well it's about time Suzuki.

Now if I could just get a license plate for the mighty CR500....

That would be some kinda streetbike brutha. Kinda like my plated YZ490 but only better, cause I wouldn't have to carry around a pocketfull of B8ES' everywhere I went.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2005, 07:50 AM   #12
red916
Founding Member

Oh, and I installed a 39 tooth rear sprocket in place of the 41 tooth stocker.......
red916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:47 AM   #13
Tigercub
Founding Member

"Say your final prayers, buddy, because this is it, the motorcycle accident everyone always warned you about."

Buy a Suzuki DRZ 400 SM to avoid this accident situation - or keep your current bike and slow down a little!!

$6099 - way too expensive. I agree it should have 6 speeds and aluminum frame, but would add, it should be a 600 and weigh the same 300lbs.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:01 AM   #14
supertireguy
Founding Member

Default A Very Good General Purpose SM Bike

It's about time one of the big Japanese manufacturers came out with this type of SM bike for the masses. It might not have the most HP or bling bits but the price is right and it's a great all around SM bike for most any rider. New riders should feel comfortable with its character and experienced riders can still rip in the city/canyons. A few mods can add a few HP and there are probably some brake/suspension upgrades.

The Honda FMX650 could maybe hit the US market one of these days to give Suzuki some competition in the street SM market.

It would be fun to see Suzuki put a RMZ450 motor in a DRMZ450 bike one of these days for the power hungry racing folks.

supertireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:55 AM   #15
bugz
Founding Member

Default He's going *EAST* not west!

-

The "story" has him going west on the trail but the pictures are of him travelling east.

-
bugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:05 AM   #16
SeanAlexander
Founding Member

Default Re: He's going *EAST* not west!

The story has me making a U-Turn in the middle of the trail and heading back in the other direction. By the way, the directions involved are North/South (in that order)
Old 10-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #17
jjasper
Founding Member

great, finally as I have been begging for this review forever. I have an F650CS which is pretty much an old man's SM, but I am wanting a second bike that is a little more light and hooligan than the BMW and this one is looking very good, lack of cush drive is worrisome, but I think it could serve me well as an all weather LA commuter.

Sean should have taken this thing out at 5pm on the on some LA freeways to show off it's lane splitting prowess which I am sure it better than just about anything out there.
jjasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #18
desertbilly
Founding Member

I'd like to get one of these to hang on the rack on the back of my Winnebago View -- once I get a Winnebago View, that is.
desertbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:19 PM   #19
KLRer
Founding Member

One things that not mentioned, sitting up high has its rewards. Like being able to see. Granted, you're 2 inches shorter on the Sm than the S, but you're still a head above any car. Thats not just duff. You can see way off.
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 02:22 PM   #20
KLRer
Founding Member

Pretty good choice. The Yammy 225 is 60 lbs lighter but can't do 80. But the Yammy's even more flickable. Or you could hang a big ol 337 lb Kawasaki KLR 650 off the RV and keep up on the freeway most anyday.
KLRer is offline   Reply With Quote