Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-20-2005, 07:36 PM   #1
staff
Registered Member

Default Re: 2005 Sport Touring Shootout

The FJR, last? Madness! A last-place vote for the ST1300? The VFR800 -- every journalist's favorite bike, much to the chagrin of every reader -- didn't win?

JohnnyB will surely disapprove -- the reprisal is coming, I can feel it, and it's gonna me vitrolic, for sure.

Grrr....

And, don't any of you MOFOs even _think_ about complaining the Concours wasn't included!
staff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I rode the Ulysses around a bit when I was there, and it was a really cool bike. It was really tall, and I could see where that would be problem for the inseam challenged among us. Pretty much a go-anywhere bike. It would be on my list for sure
Old 10-20-2005, 07:57 PM   #3
dldean
Registered Member

Good stuff!

But how is the handlebar vibration of the R1200Rt compared to the R1200GS?

Maybe you need a new test of the adventure tourers?
dldean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
cowcomp
Registered Member

Re: the R12RT

Most people won't waste the money on the factory stereo - word in the owners world "it sucks!" I went without the ESA, too. That would save a bunch of money. Heated seats are GREAT. The windshield works better than any other bike I've ridden. If you read the owner's manual you could find out where to turn off the heated passenger seat.... I had an 05 FJR, sold it (to a guy that's a little shorter than me - he loves it), and got the Beemer. I looove it - I do the evening "find an excuse for a ride" thing often. The SO and I have gone for a couple of 250 mile Sunday afternoon cruises here in SoCal, it's the bomb!
cowcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:00 PM   #5
nitrofly
Founding Member

Wot no Aprilia Futura?!
Old 10-20-2005, 08:02 PM   #6
Tomas_P
Founding Member

I'm not surprised the big Beem got the nod... after all the years of development it should. Probly easily worth the money, too.

I am surprised that the FJR fared so poorly. But it has been significantly upgraded for 2006, has it not? Heat managment issues have been addressed, or so they claim...

I am gratified (but not surprised) the Uly did so well in such lofty company as these indisputably world-class machines, and in its first year on the market. Remember-- these are motorcycles, boys, not appliances, and character really DOES count. Bravo Buell!
Tomas_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:11 PM   #7
sshorkey
Registered Member

What in the world?

The Buell doesn't even belong in this lineup and the Interceptor is more sport than tourer. If your gonna add those two you might as well put in the K1200GT, R1200GS, and the R1200ST just to name a few.

If your gonna make a comparison, make it with the same kind of machines for Petes sake.

Again someone leaves out the Concours. Granted the Concours may end up being 3rd or 4th but at least it belongs in this lineup, and at half the cost.
sshorkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:13 PM   #8
Tomas_P
Founding Member

Oh, and before I forget... 'tis a nicely written, entertaining article. Thank you, MO staffers!
Tomas_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:13 PM   #9
raudis4
Founding Member

No surprise here. Just sold my 98 RT and am picking up my new 06 tomorrow at Long Beach BMW. Can't wait!

raudis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 08:30 PM   #10
tokoloshgolem
Founding Member

No Aprilia Futura, Ducati ST4 ABS, Triumph Sprint ST ABS or Yamaha FZ-1. Not to mention others like the Kawasaki ZX-14, Suzuki Hayabusa or (even) H-D V-Rod. Sports tourers? Please. Where's the Sport. Who says luggage must be hard cases. Who chose these contestants? Someone with too many nerve endings in their posterior?
tokoloshgolem is offline   Reply With Quote