Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-18-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
imported_g_k
Registered Member

Default Re: Wet Riding, Wild Women and WIMA

Interesting story, I guess, but the lack of any photos of hot Swedish babes is absolutely inexcusable. Doesn't this site have an editor? And by the way, the flying contraption in the photo is a paraglider, not a hang glider (there is a difference).
imported_g_k is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2005, 09:13 PM   #2
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Interesting article. Refreshly different for MO. Glad to see women riders having a fun, hope their numbers grow. Every once in while a woman will ask me why I ride. I say words can't describe it, that I wish I started earlier and they should just try it. I encourage them to take the MSF class which many have never heard of... Thanks Alice and MO. Great stuff hope to read and see more in the future.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #3
eojmo
Founding Member

Once happened accross a similar rally in europe,but it was all male.I made a quick retreat when I noticed the guys looked like the Village people.Whats wrong with mixed rally's? All the ones I've been to seemed to work fine.
eojmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:41 AM   #4
SRMark
Founding Member

Lady Vikings and booze. How does a guy get invited to such an event?
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:21 AM   #5
teknoman
Registered Member

Don,t hold your breath,unfortunately
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 04:56 AM   #6
jplambert
Registered Member

Need a MRI or CAT scan wait 6 months. Need heart surgery wait two years. Want fast health care go to the U.S.

No thanks.

If the U.S. does go to socialized medicine one good benefit would be the rapid collapse of the Canadian medical system. Once Canada goes back to individual health care then we would have some place to go for good health care.
jplambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:19 AM   #7
sarnali
Founding Member

Big business has done such a good job of selling the "government is your enemy" line that we'll never see anything like progressive health, education and welfare in this country. Everything becomes polarizing because no one wants to see the other viewpoint.

When did bottom line profit driven big business become our friends and the government which funds social security education, medicare and welfare become our enemy? You want to see what a business friendly government will do for you, look no further than the pack of scurrilious pigs running the place now.

Compare that with the progressive social policies of the Clinton adminstration. We don't have any kind of national medical care policies because big insurance companies wouldn't be able to rake in the obscene levels of profit they can now. The same as any kind of progressive transport systems or rail systems, or energy independence. The Bush-leaguers are to busy taking it in the ass from big oil to the point where we send our kids off to fight in some arab shythole to protect their profits.

phuk them all, start the revolution.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:40 AM   #8
teknoman
Registered Member

Amen ,my brother,I work in the medical portion of the government,so my health care is relatively cheap.Which is why I keep this job to a certain extent,besides loving to serve the public.The politics governing healthcare are simply mind boggling!We were told that if the united states does get national healthcare,we are supposed to be the major provider.BS .We don,t have enough now to take care of the veteran,s much less our bothers and sisters who are returning from overseas.Oh hell ,I forgot! I work for the veteran,s health administration in las vegas.I do get a lot of good motorcycle stories though.
teknoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:36 AM   #9
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Yep I agree the propaganda they, "the government is your enemy" crowd, put out via Fox is quite effective. Being a "liberal" Republican, I am disappointed with the supposed party that represents conservative fiscal policy is running up debt on the publics credit card to where they are borrowing from Social Security at a record rate. Perhaps that is the neocon agenda i.e bankrupt the social programs.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:58 AM   #10
ShawnVegas
Founding Member

When I first saw the article title I thought it was "Wild Riding and Wet Women". I guess this is something entirely different? Heh.
ShawnVegas is offline   Reply With Quote