Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO Reader Feedback

Old 10-15-2005, 12:51 PM   #11
yossef
Founding Member

Default Re: Ride to Work the Long Way

Hello airfiddler

Mirror problems werent mentioned because I didnt have any issues with them. Agree with you on the heat issue. Milleage was on average around 15 km per liter, tank capacity is 21 liters, reserve included.

As you might have noticed, this was first and foremost a touring story, not a long term road test, so I surely cant testify on maintenance and reliability issues. Sorry.

Yossef
yossef is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2005, 01:02 PM   #12
yossef
Founding Member

Hi Fenton

Really sorry that this was my only complaint.... Is there anything else you'd like me to complain about?

As noted, I was suspicious of the scooped seat too and just like you, I also preffer flatter saddles. But after three and a half very long days on the saddle I discovered to my surprise that it worked quite fine, at least with my lard factor.

Yossef
yossef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 01:21 PM   #13
Fenton
Founding Member

Hey, at least I started with the "great read" part.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #14
Fenton
Founding Member

I had a Futura for about a year and you are right about the seat. It's more comfy than just about any seat.

I also think triumph knocked-off a lot of the futura lines & wheels.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:41 PM   #15
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Talk about living vicariously through others... nice article! It was almost like being there. I was almost dead-set on a new Buell Ulysses, but I may have to consider the ST.

Yossef, since you are about my size, what do you think about doing a Triumph ST and Buell Ulysses comparo?
Old 10-15-2005, 04:22 PM   #16
12er
Founding Member

What bike do you have now? If you have a sport tourer get the Ulysses (Its next on my list), If you have an adventure bike get the ST... Though that buell handles so well and is so comfy it would be tough to pass on. Then again when the tach hits 7 the party is over, and it hits it fast... Easy enough to adapt to I guess.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 04:36 AM   #17
vinny666
Founding Member

Thanks Yussef, for another great story. I was feeling sickly and nearly took the car to work. Your story, and the on-board video especially, made me change my mind. Good thing, 'cause I felt immediately felt better.

Can't wait for next year to go and tour the Dolomites!

Vincent.

vinny666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 06:29 AM   #18
xlr8r
Founding Member

Fabulous article, and fabulous photos, too. Thanks, Yossef, you've just made my subscription to MO worthwhile. I know most of the roads you went on in Italy and France, and reading this made me think I was there again. And for those who haven't been, the astonishing new Millau bridge is picture 18, not the one inserted in the text.
xlr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:32 AM   #19
Fat
Founding Member

Another great article Yossef, thanks. Would be nice to include a bit of a summary of your thoughts on the bike at the end. Pros / cons versus the VFR / Futura etc.
Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:25 PM   #20
Vlad
Registered Member

I second the question. I'd like to know your thoughts when comparing the Sprint ST to the VFR to the Ducati ST3. I just rode an ST3 and was impressed by the bike. Which of the three would you like as your own bike?

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote