Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO Reader Feedback (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/)
-   -   Better Living Through Motorcycling (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-reader-feedback/3069-better-living-through-motorcycling.html)

eekadog 10-10-2005 04:19 PM

Re: Better Life Through Motorcycling

i rode to work today...did you?

Fenton 10-10-2005 05:16 PM

Gabe, thanks for the great read.

I ordered a pair of Lee's gloves about 18 months ago. I asked him to go ahead and send his book, Total Control, also. He told me he would even sign it. Due to the fact I had no idea who the guy was, his autograph was not on the "got-to-have" list.

After reading Total Control and your article I would insist he sign it today.

BTW, the gloves are fantastic.

sliphorn 10-10-2005 06:44 PM

Shotguns and motorcycles! I'm there!

Gabe 10-11-2005 01:04 AM

No, I did not...

After last time, I'm no longer allowed to ride my motorcycle down the stairs to my office.

maladg 10-11-2005 02:51 AM

Re: Better Living Through Motorcycling

Motorcycles, dogs, skeet - man, talk about following ones muse!

The only things missing were babes & heavy caliber pistols.

And Lee did a great job at MCN.

sportbikebandit 10-11-2005 03:46 AM

Hey this guy is almost living out my lotto fanatasy: Buy some land in the middle of no where construct a track and shoot guns off my back porch. Instead I commute 2 hours a day to work another 8 most time 10. I love reading about characters like this.

Great read Gabe. It's gonna make me late for work cause I had to read everthing. Gonna check out that book latter. Thanks MO!

brax4444 10-11-2005 04:44 AM

Excellent! One of the best in the last year.

edward44 10-11-2005 05:04 AM

Great feature. Too bad Lee's place is about 3000 miles from here. But I've done the next best thing and bought the book. Can't see where learning to hang off a bike is much use except for emergency situations like when over cooking it into a turn. But then emergeny situations are what I would hope his course covers, like maximum braking, crash avoidance, getting witnesses phone numbers...

Since most accidents ocuur when a car turns left in front of a bike, stratagies for dealing with it would be useful. Never could get used to looking thru a corner except when it's blind. MSF course instructors say use you peripherall vision but it's not made for seeing fine detail. Tried it last week and almost lost the front tire on some slippery stuff. Maybe Lee will franchise his course.

pushrod 10-11-2005 05:24 AM

Lee is a great guy; I met him on the wire when he was at MCN, then met him in person in Baltimore where we ogled women, drank dark beer and ate too much. Come to think of it, he owes me a dinner!

Gabe, you've done well capturing his personality. He never stops moving.

There is a big push now in FL to ramp up the Motorcycle Training: Maybe we can get a school franchise here in Baja Bama!

Buzglyd 10-11-2005 05:26 AM

Can you please get me the name of the basketball player that can dunk from half-court because I'd like to see him on the Lakers this season?

I've got some of those gloves and they are super comfortable-easily my favorite glove.